• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2021 Bronson L-2A

Greg Gale

jet-age-a2-korea-jpg.36858

So just after Christmas my package arrived: a Bronson L-2a, one of their recently released new models.

I have one of their older L-2s in green, size Large (40). It was slightly too baggy for me, and to be honest it was really warm too. So this time I ordered a size 38 (M). Although most of my Bronson stuff is L or XL (B-10), the measurements of the 38 seemed right to me. Also, I figured if it's too small I'll know for sure. But if I order a 40, I won't know if it's too large or just baggy, whether I could have gone down a size. My logic was sound!

The fit

The jacket fits exactly the way I want. trim but not snug. The chest, shoulders, sleeve length everything is spot on. The back length is a little short though, but I can live with that, and L-2a-s are supposed to be really short anyway. For reference I'm 184 cm tall, 40" chest and 73 kg.

The goods:

The quality of the Nylon is amazing. It feels sturdier than my older L-2. The lining is less 'silky' and shiny, and there seems to be less padding - to my relief. It can really be used as a wind breaker. The pocket placement seems to be alright too. The knits are seamless and sturdy.

The others:

The zippers are not great at all, unfortunately, but oh well. Also, the color is more of a steely blue rather than air force blue. Original L-2a-s appear to be a lighter and more vivid blue than this - at least on photos.

Bottom line:

Fantastic jacket especially for the price. Once I get back home I'll take my Korean war patches off my L-2 and sew them on this one. And finally, I have a flying jacket I can wear in the tropics too - at least on colder, rainy evenings.

Pictures:

IMG_8274.jpg
IMG_8275.jpg
IMG_8276.jpg
IMG_8277.jpg
IMG_8278.jpg
IMG_8284.jpg

IMG_8287.jpg

Last edited:

London Cabbie

jet-age-a2-korea-jpg.36858

So just after Christmas my package arrived: a Bronson L-2a, one of their recently released new models.

I have one of their older L-2s in green, size Large (40). It was slightly too baggy for me, and to be honest it was really warm too. So this time I ordered a size 38 (M). Although most of my Bronson stuff is L or XL (B-10), the measurements of the 38 seemed right to me. Also, I figured if it's too small I'll know for sure. But if I order a 40, I won't know if it's too large or just baggy, whether I could have gone down a size. My logic was sound!

The fit

The jacket fits exactly the way I want. trim but not snug. The chest, shoulders, sleeve length everything is spot on. The back length is a little short though, but I can live with that, and L-2a-s are supposed to be really short anyway. For reference I'm 184 cm tall, 40" chest and 73 kg.

The goods:

The quality of the Nylon is amazing. It feels sturdier than my older L-2. The lining is less 'silky' and shiny, and there seems to be less padding - to my relief. It can really be used as a wind breaker. The pocket placement seems to be alright too. The knits are seamless and sturdy.

The others:

The zippers are not great at all, unfortunately, but oh well. Also, the color is more of a steely blue rather than air force blue. Original L-2a-s appear to be a lighter and more vivid blue than this - at least on photos.

Bottom line:

Fantastic jacket especially for the price. Once I get back home I'll take my Korean war patches off my L-2 and sew them on this one. And finally, I have a flying jacket I can wear in the tropics too - at least on colder, rainy evenings.

Pictures:

View attachment 71741View attachment 71742View attachment 71743View attachment 71744View attachment 71745View attachment 71746

View attachment 71747
Perfect fit, can’t go wrong with @bronson_vintage.
However stop faffing about and Get a shearling

Brettafett

I have same sort of issue... A 39 ML would have been ideal lol
I was tempted on the 38, but I know the lengths would bug me.
This might be a bit baggy, so I am prepared to return it, if it doesn't fit.
Just hard to pass up with the 15% discount ;)

CBI

Great review - I agree, Bronson is the best for the price. Great repos that won't break the bank. I have an L2 on order taking advantage of the sale. I LOVE my N-1, A-1 and B-15 of theirs!