• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2020 Bronson B-10

Bombing IP

Stitches should be ten to an inch ,to close and the thing becomes like a postage stamp ,meaning its weak and could tear .By the looks of it she put the squadron patch on first and then the name plate with the same stitch length .Then changed it to the correct length (witness marks bottom right ) .The unwritten rule in sewing test your tension and length on a similar piece of scrap before you work on the real thing . If the whole thing falls apart or you want to change it its not a big deal so all is not lost .She should of noted the stitch length on the jacket as her guide and did similar . A professional she is not could not even get a straight line on the patch . Sorry to point this out but I know you already know this , I am by no means an expert sewer but you do not need to be with her work .May be this could be construed as a rigger style work of the WW2 period of a conscript who was volunteered to the rigger position without training as I am sure it happened .

BIP with apologies if I offended you

Bombing IP

She should of used double sided tap for holding position as brought up in the fake leather posting .Its flexible and there is no chance of glue getting where it should not which is not the case with your jacket .

BIP

Enigma1938

Hey Greg,

I think it looks authentic as many original patches/names were not always done by machinist and are imperfect. Personally those imperfect details are what I look for and appreciate.

It's not that bad...

Regards,

D

I second this! Most original Flight jackets I've seen have imperfections like this. Perfection with each stitch were extremely unlikely in ww2.
May sound strange but I like it that way.
Nevertheless I would change the seamstress also, who knows what would happen next...

ausreenactor

Patching is a big gamble.... I have had this reluctance for many years.

My preference is to have someone competent paint directly to the jacket.

Ties has produced two 320th patches for me. I can 'risk' the patch and a repro M-41 or Tanker and have the spare.

I agree. Probably the best 'patch man' on the planet.

With Ties' most recent outputs i am even more confident about my statement above. I have LOTS of reproduction and some original patches I would love to position on a jacket. My first 100% commitment will be a 511th patch on the BR Ball Boys Tanker. Covering up the Curt which looks too much like Cu*t for my liking....If it is too small.... I will need to commission a replacement to my dimensions.

Name tapes are tricky. I think pre-drilled stitch holes like my Dad used to with his bespoke holsters...

I would probably go another name tape if it doesn't soak up a bit. Be careful the treatment does not 'bleed' through into the cloth....

Greg Gale

0E75A01F-99CF-43CB-A373-86961DA4427D.jpeg

Flightengineer

Hi guys,

I read a lot of reviews here about the Bronson B-10 and one day decided to buy one. Therefore, I'll write my impressions of the 2021/22 version here in Greg's thread, I think he will not mind.

Just received my B-10 olive version from Bronson, the package took almost 2 months to reach me.

Well, I paid $144 total only (it was the prepaiment on sale) and shipping was free.

Hm...For the money this jacket is good.

But I'd like to say that Bronson's quality control seems to have gone down a bit.

I had to sew on all the buttons cause they not well fixed and one from left epaulette just remained in my hand when I just touched it.
The lining is good, the fit is excellent, but it seemed to me that the fabric looks clearly thinner and cheaper than on my 2018 Bronson B-15A. A lot of threads sticking out here and there, a few small puffs on the fabric ... it's not a problem to cut them off, as well as re-sew the buttons ... but I got strong feeling that the jacket was sewn (as in wartime ha ha) in a very big hurry.
And yes, there was not a single spare button with the jacket ( with B-15A I received plastic and metal buttons in a separate small bag).

I bought it to wash and patch, it's just right for that it will be a big fun for me, but I'm glad I didn't pay full price.

I thought about buying another B-15A one size larger than mine, but now I'm not sure about it.

Cheers

Enigma1938

Hi guys,

I read a lot of reviews here about the Bronson B-10 and one day decided to buy one. Therefore, I'll write my impressions of the 2021/22 version here in Greg's thread, I think he will not mind.

Just received my B-10 olive version from Bronson, the package took almost 2 months to reach me.

Well, I paid $144 total only (it was the prepaiment on sale) and shipping was free.

Hm...For the money this jacket is good.

But I'd like to say that Bronson's quality control seems to have gone down a bit.

I had to sew on all the buttons cause they not well fixed and one from left epaulette just remained in my hand when I just touched it.
The lining is good, the fit is excellent, but it seemed to me that the fabric looks clearly thinner and cheaper than on my 2018 Bronson B-15A. A lot of threads sticking out here and there, a few small puffs on the fabric ... it's not a problem to cut them off, as well as re-sew the buttons ... but I got strong feeling that the jacket was sewn (as in wartime ha ha) in a very big hurry.
And yes, there was not a single spare button with the jacket ( with B-15A I received plastic and metal buttons in a separate small bag).

I bought it to wash and patch, it's just right for that it will be a big fun for me, but I'm glad I didn't pay full price.

I thought about buying another B-15A one size larger than mine, but now I'm not sure about it.

Cheers

Bronsons quality varies greatly. I have a few pretty good jackets from them with no issues, but I also had a blue N1 from them where they had completely forgotten the knit cuff in the right sleeve (almost impossible to do it after jacket is completed) and my L2 was missing a seam around the knit cuff on the left sleeve...

Flightengineer

Bronsons quality varies greatly. I have a few pretty good jackets from them with no issues, but I also had a blue N1 from them where they had completely forgotten the knit cuff in the right sleeve (almost impossible to do it after jacket is completed) and my L2 was missing a seam around the knit cuff on the left sleeve...

My first B-15A from them was very cool .
I also bought twice from their cheaper sub-brand NonStock (one was a success - it was a deck jacket, the other was not - the OG-107 pants looked like the original only in their photos :)).
This B-10 is, in fact, my second purchase of Bronson, but it still feels like the buttons were sewn on by NonStock team :)
In any case, this jacket is quite good for this little money.

AlexLutov

Well, if you write a claim to Bronson, he will send you to the blacklist, as in my case...I can't buy Bronson on ebay anymore..