• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2020 Bronson B-10

Greg Gale

So after a year or so of Surfing, my beloved size 40 Bronson B-10 didn't it me in the shoulders anymore. I bought it in 2018. I just received my new one, it's a size 42. The fit is perfect, really comfy, but with a C-2 and a scarf, it's just OK in the shoulders. Any narrower and it would be too tight.

The mouton seems slightly softer, and a shade or two darker.

The knits are the same color as the jacket, the way I like them. (Those are the knits of the gloves that you see)
The waistband is tight enough, although a tad looser than on my Dubow.

The jacket is a bit more greenish than the earlier version, less yellowish, if you know what I mean. The comparison shot doesn't do justice though, it seems way too green there. The fit pic is more representative of the color. I prefer the more faded/ yellowish color of the size 40, but wartime colors varied so much, and it may hopefully fade a bit too.

Now I'm just waiting for my beautiful patch to arrive, hand painted by Ties :) Will keep you posted!

image0.jpeg
image1.jpeg

Peter Graham

G'day Peter! Been a while!

Bronson do a pretty good decal. Others failed miserably.

ATF are bringing a new lot in soon. Might be a chance for a plain version?
Nice to be back Couchy. The problem with ATF is that they change nearly as much for shipping to the UK as the jacket costs.

ausreenactor

Nice to be back Couchy. The problem with ATF is that they change nearly as much for shipping to the UK as the jacket costs.

Agree 100%. I ponder the savings, the priority of weight in the order and then factor in just how much it will contribute to the pile of unopened ATF gear around the place. I have a brand new ATF N-1, hardly worn. There is an Australian based one on eBay now. I am pondering buying it because it will be cheap to ship? Nuts... N-4 jacket I bought last year, could not even tell you where it is. Chambray shirt is in the Theatre of War, pants are tailored and in the War-drobe. Boots are in the bag in the shed. Boots have been on a mannequin and I wore the trousers once. But I have the complete ensemble IF I ever need it! All purchased while deployed where I got three day shipping for a matter of dollars. Would hate to put that order together and calculate shipping on it.

Stuff it.. doing it now.

ausreenactor

UPS only. US$160?

Cutting it to an M-41 jacket only still has it at US$67...

Cutting the USPS away brings the shipping right down. Might be the time to buy Peter?

Greg Gale

What would be the best source for ww2 leather name strips? ELC is a tad pricey for a small piece of leather...shipping from the US may be even more so.

Greg Gale

I just got the jacket back from the seamstress and I didn’t know whether to cry or laugh.

‘to be safe’ she used glue as well for the nametag. Which made it dry and rigid, and now it’s full of cracks.

on the plus side she’s done a pretty good job of making it look 70 years old :D

I’ll put soke ELC liquid leather on it and I guess it will be fine...

849EEE56-872A-4F41-92A2-7AC0C1D41F46.jpeg