• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2018 jacket thoughts.

Tom Bowers

My 2018 I probably won't be able to pick up any new jackets, but I resolve to wear the ones I have more especially my A-2 and my G-1
Tom Bowers

Spitfireace

I have that jacket....although I bought it in 2006 I think. Have worn it for eleven years and then just decided to patch it. I don't wear it that much anyways so might as well geek out.

WBOONE

My wish list is pretty well filled up. Finally got a original A-2 ( Aero contract). If an all original Roughwear A2 contract in 46/48 size were to come available i would be -very tempted--so i hope one dosen't come available :)

Spitfireace

Here's a few pics of my Aero

Attachments

• preddyjacket.jpg
    preddyjacket.jpg
    214.9 KB · Views: 251
  • preddyname.jpg
    preddyname.jpg
    549.5 KB · Views: 274
  • preddyduck.jpg
    preddyduck.jpg
    249.2 KB · Views: 235

Tommy

I also don't have enough money to buy some serious stuff, that's why I'll never be able to buy a repro (and it's a chance that I don't want a repro too ;) )
But there are plenty of good deals on vintage military issue jacket on eBay, sometimes it's such bargain that it's purely theft ^^

3 Outta 4 of my flight/ military Jackets are originals, I wanna work some more repro's in there to protect the heritage of the older ones.

Smithy

I haven't planned anything. I want another A-2 but I won't pay the silly money for a new one so a used is what it will be, an ELC or an Aero most probably but I'm not in a rush as A-2 weather is a very long way off.

I'll pick up an ATF Kanaljacke if and when Rolin releases it which I really hope he does as it's a real looker. Also contemplating an ATF fleece lined tanker.

Apart from that I'm very happy with what I have.

Last edited:

Spitfireace

Sweet looking Aero !!!
What contract is that?
that's this one pic attached
I haven't planned anything. I want another A-2 but I won't pay the silly money for a new one so a used is what it will be, an ELC or an Aero most probably but I'm not in a rush as A-2 weather is a very long way off.

I'll pick up an ATF Kanaljacke if and when Rolin releases it which I really hope he does as it's a real looker. Also contemplating an ATF fleece lined tanker.

Apart from that I'm very happy with what I have.
yes, lets not get carried away......

Attachments

• AeroLabel.jpg
    AeroLabel.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 195

Garylafortuna

For nigh on two years I've been eyeballing the ELC website far too often than is healthy for my addiction. Hopes are running high that 2018 will be the year of the M-422A. Wish me success in my quest.

Donteresa

Hi all,

What jackets if any are on your “want to buy list” for the forthcoming year ?
Hi all, after studying every review and every contract detail , I have decided to bite the bullet on a DD Poughkeepsie in dark russet with nos snaps. Goodwear was my first choice but alas 2 years is a huge wait, I should have the poughkeepsie in a couple more weeks! Let’s see if my homework paid off!
VLJ is a great resource for top tier jacket reviews! Thanks to all who share their experiences!

CBI

I have a few cloth jackets that I am hoping may appear in 2018. I am down to 6 leather jackets which for me is a huge reduction from previous years. I am experiencing yet another year of not really wearing my A-2’s much at all. My one jacket wish for 2018 is that someone here or another collector “out there” will be willing to part with a very nice original A-2 in a size 44 that could be a sometime wearer. I have my $ saved for it!!!!! I currently wear one original very occasionally and carefully and would like rotate wearing two originals. Carefully wearing these two would take care of about 90% of my A-2 wear. Of course anything can happen but I only wear originals in situations where I know the jackets will be pretty safe (as much as anyone can protect a jacket). Stuff still happens but I have had very good luck with keeping originals in good shape. I wish I had not sold a few originals from my collection!!!!!!! I seem to wear an A-2 about once a week in the cooler months, that’s all. I will always be on the lookout for super repro deals but really the jacket plans for 2018 are my weakest/most minimal ever. I still love the hobby but on many levels I am jacketed out (at least leather). Again, looking forward to some new cloth as I get much more wear with them. Really, just a few spots to fill in the cloth area and I am done.

Skip

Very happy with my ELC Werber but, Something different from the military style, been thinking of an ELMC Windward, although have to sell one of my other jackets to make it reasonably affordable

As much as I like the look and feel of shearling I'm Finding I don't get a lot of wear out of my M445, just not enough cold days where i live in Oz. and as the Windward is a medium weight, being quilted, it might suit better. Or maybe I just have to drive more in winter with the roof off

blackrat2

Something cloth...B-15A...and Irvin or similar,problem is every time folk post a B3 or ANJ4 I can’t resist

Griffon_301

the best laid plans of men and mice...
well, as some of you might have read in another thread, I was asking for opinions regarding a B-6 jacket; to make the story short, today I bit the bullet and went for the Aeroleather B-6 redskin, against the advice from some guys here, who suggested to go for the RW B-6 from Eastman; so I had planned to wait for Duxford Flying Legends and pick the jacket up again personally (as I did with my Irvin last year);
in the end, I decided to go for the Aeroleather now because the price was quite nice (300 pounds less than the RW) and I did not want to wait another 6 months till I could lay my greedy hands on the jacket and then another 3 months till the weather would be right to wear it :)
so I am looking forward to begin the proud owner of a redskin B-6 soon;
other than that, after a jacket shopping spree towards the end of last year, no big purchases planned for this year; I might want to try and get a decent pair of A-11 trousers (if anyone knows a good source or a someone who wants to part with a pair, let me know) to go along my B-15 jacket;

B-Man2

the best laid plans of men and mice...
well, as some of you might have read in another thread, I was asking for opinions regarding a B-6 jacket; to make the story short, today I bit the bullet and went for the Aeroleather B-6 redskin, against the advice from some guys here, who suggested to go for the RW B-6 from Eastman; so I had planned to wait for Duxford Flying Legends and pick the jacket up again personally (as I did with my Irvin last year);
in the end, I decided to go for the Aeroleather now because the price was quite nice (300 pounds less than the RW) and I did not want to wait another 6 months till I could lay my greedy hands on the jacket and then another 3 months till the weather would be right to wear it :)
so I am looking forward to begin the proud owner of a redskin B-6 soon

Post some photo's when you receive it. We always look forward to seeing a new jackets;)