• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2 more jackets.

Ualman

Since I received so much info on that G1 I have, which was very much appreciated by the way, I thought about seeing if you could help me with 2 more jackets I have.
Neither has a label unfortunately, but I will add some photos of them.
Looks like they might be 55J14 or 7823.

Thank you already very much.

Guus

IMG_2066.JPGIMG_2065.JPGIMG_2064.JPGIMG_2063.JPGIMG_2062.JPGIMG_2068.JPGIMG_2060.JPGIMG_2059.JPGIMG_2054.JPGIMG_2053.JPG

First 5 are from 1 jacket, the other from the other.

917_k

Someone more in the know can probably say for sure, but I was under the impression the USN marking was centred on the reverse of the collar on the 55J14, which would lead me to say this is a 7823AER......

Dany McDonald

Hello,

Please post pics of the entire jackets especially, wind flap shape, pockets, retainer under the collar, liner, zipper.

They are key elements to help pinpoint a manufacturer.

Thanx,

Ualman

Thank you both for helpful info.
Will share some more photo's.IMG_2136.JPGIMG_2135.JPGIMG_2134.JPGIMG_2133.JPGIMG_2132.JPGFirst jacket
IMG_2130.JPGIMG_2129.JPGIMG_2125.JPGIMG_2128.JPGSecond jacket

Both have same sized pockets left and right. Second one has white USN off middle on collar, and has USN on windflap.

917_k

Second one is a 7823, possibly 7823AER, because it’s got the perforated windflap, which as far as I know the 55J14 didn’t have. If it’s got the perforated windflap with USN marking on the collar as well, then I think that dates it to roughly 1957.

Other one I’m not sure, I guess it could be a 55J14 if it doesn’t have the perforated windflap, but I may be mistaken.

Hope I’m possibly correct on this....?

Ualman

Thank you so much for your info.
All this adds to the interest in flight jackets.
Just love the history behind these jackets.

917_k

Thank you so much for your info.
All this adds to the interest in flight jackets.
Just love the history behind these jackets.

No problem, happy to offer what basic knowledge I have. I posted a thread earlier in the displaying my own G-1 collection, which you may be interested in:

Ualman

No problem, happy to offer what basic knowledge I have. I posted a thread earlier in the displaying my own G-1 collection, which you may be interested in:

Thank you very much for that

Members online

Latest posts