• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1990 Schott Perfecto

Spitfireace

I bought this jacket because it has brass colored snaps and zip. Most are silver. I think it's for the Japanese market. Made in USA though by Schott. I know the seal colored ones have brass usually in the USA but black always silver or nickel color.
012.jpg
013.jpg 012.jpg 014.jpg
013.jpg
012.jpg

MikeyB-17

I have a beat-up 80's job I picked up cheap. One of my favourite jackets. I like the brass fittings, gives an air of class.

Spitfireace

I have a beat-up 80's job I picked up cheap. One of my favourite jackets. I like the brass fittings, gives an air of class.
I should add that I think it's for the Japanese market because I bought it off eBay from Japan. Also, yes, that's what I thought when I decided to buy it, that the brass makes it look classier than the usual nickel hardware. If it was just the regular nickel I wouldn't have bought it. One thing that kind of annoyed me though upon receiving the jacket is that the #10
002.jpg
YKK zipper is actually anodized aluminum to look like brass. Why not make it out of actual brass? Seems a bit cheap to me, although maybe there is a reason like to save weight or something as it is already a pretty hefty jacket.

Spitfireace

The Century Canada buckle is apparently standard for the 1990 era, the 618 label has no bar code on it, thus is can be dated to prior 1993 when Schott began using bar code numbers to create a database. I did some research on the Schott NY, USA forum.
011.jpg

Spitfireace

Nice patina on the steerhide after 30 years. Only thing is that the jacket is a little musty. Japan is a really humid place I imagine, if it is anything like Hawaii which is in the Pacific also. When I was in Hawaii, I was damp all the time.