• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1980 Gibraltar Tanker Jacket

Spitfireace

But it's a minor collection compared to most here I guess. I have three original military leather jackets. An A-2, an Irvin, and a B-3. Not really into jackets that I can't wear, so the B-3 is out since it's very delicate. The Irvin is wearable, but only good for really low temperatures anyhow. Might not wear it to a pub say anyhow, since it is a historical piece. The original A-2 is ok to wear, but it is a named with provenance jacket, so I don't think I would or should wear it much. So haven't worn it in ages.

Spitfireace

B-Man2

1980 Gibraltar Tanker Jacket New Old Stock the unbagging. Inspector tag still in the left hand pocket.
It seems that the smaller jackets are much easier to find in this condition than the larger ones. The prices on them are really good and it’s a very functional warm jacket. I like it a lot .

Spitfireace

Yup, this seller has a box full of unissued Small/shorts. This jacket size fits me pretty much exactly as a 38 size chest five foot three guy. That's why I had to take advantage of this. The last one I bought, the seller said it was NOS but it looks a little worn. This one is definitely never worn/issued. Has original tags as said previously. I'll leave it in the bag with the tags and save it for later on when my other two are getting threadbare. These are my favourite jackets for everyday ease of wear when the weather is fall/early spring chill weather.

JulJameson

View attachment 27790I know I have a problem. But I think I'm in good company here. Third Gibraltar just came in the other day. When you finally figure out something you like why stop? Seriously though, the third Gibraltar Tanker jacket is going to stay in storage for my old age. How much is too much though? Here is eight jackets, but only the one leather in this closet, I have three more leather elsewhere.
could you show me your other leathers

B-Man2

You’ve evidently fallen into the “ Rabbit Hole”
where we all live! Welcome aboard !!

Rutger

Hey, a brand NOS Tanker jacket. That IS very cool, the majority are worn and faded.
Oh, by the by, the winter tanker jacket also exists in a desert tan version, it has white velcro.
What I like is they've also kept the throat latch, which is actually a good one, when it was cold I'd turn the collar up and velcro the latch.

Carl

Yup, this seller has a box full of unissued Small/shorts. This jacket size fits me pretty much exactly as a 38 size chest five foot three guy. That's why I had to take advantage of this. The last one I bought, the seller said it was NOS but it looks a little worn. This one is definitely never worn/issued. Has original tags as said previously. I'll leave it in the bag with the tags and save it for later on when my other two are getting threadbare. These are my favourite jackets for everyday ease of wear when the weather is fall/early spring chill weather.
Nice jacket ! We should start a "shorty" club !I'm only 5' 5" :)

Spitfireace

Nice jacket ! We should start a "shorty" club !I'm only 5' 5" :)
Yup, I've been shopping at Buyee Japan lately because it's easier to find shorter lengths. I need 23 inch sleeves whereas most are 25. That's not to say they are prevalent in Japan, but they are a bit more common.

Spitfireace

The early War Aero B3 not really wearable but in similar condition of most of these jackets. Looks ok for display.
20191224_203347.jpg

Spitfireace

Original late Forties Thunderbay Jacket as Aero Leather Scotland calls this. Called a Franco Canadian originally apparently.
20191224_201952.jpg

Carl

Yup, I've been shopping at Buyee Japan lately because it's easier to find shorter lengths. I need 23 inch sleeves whereas most are 25. That's not to say they are prevalent in Japan, but they are a bit more common.
Yup ! Just like me . I have a weird shape physique being short and fairly slim but have broad shoulders o_O