• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1960s French Navy Flighthelmet Gueneau 313-M1

Cyril

Hello there,
after a long time a small post from me again...I have recently turned to pilot helmets again and enlarged my collection. There are three rather rare French naval helmets of the type Gueneau 313-M1 from the 60s, which were flown at that time with a textile inside helmet with integrated headphones. The helmet itself is made of fibreglass and extremely light. Similar to USN H-4 helmets or early US P-series helmets, simple goggles with different lenses were used. Alternatively, a visor was used, which was attached to the helmet with push buttons and visually anticipates the visor of the later Gentex HGU-55 helmets. Suede strips on the helmet were intended to protect the visors. The helmets were usually taped with reflective tape for the Navy to locate pilots more quickly after a crash. The helmet was flown on the F8 Crusader, the Super Etendard, the Breguet Alize and the Fouga Magister. The pictured helmet with the visor is "NOS". Now I am still looking for a matching oxygenmask. These were produced by ULMER as a licensed version of an MS 22001.
Greetings from sunny Berlin
Cyril

31A.JPG
33A.jpg
34A.jpg
Gueneau 313-M1 Aeronavale_2.JPG
Gueneau 313-M1 Aeronavale.JPG