• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1957 Cagleco G1

airfrogusmc

767fo said:
CBI said:
I was not making a value judgement on the price (if its was/is too much to pay. To find a jacket like this, I guess any amount is worth it. Admit kind of hard seeing that sort of price for a Navy jacket but you don't see these everyday (in the box!). Good point about what to do. its SO mint, do you wear it? You almost might need to buy a more used one to actually wear :)

Your jacket is a museum piece for sure. I don't think a custom made jacket could fit you any better!

Enjoy .............................

John, you have a very valid point on the price of the jacket. I still cannot believe I spent this much :eek: I have been wanting a Navy jacket for about two years now. About four weeks ago JC sent me a Monarch M-422 for sizing and I got hooked. Between the good reviews on this forum and the pics along with John's discription on his cd I thought the Cagleco contract new in the box was worth the risk. I just got very lucky on the fit.

I would like to put the jacket in storage but I know that won't happen. It will get some wear along with the Monarch when it arrives. I can tell you that after seeing this jacket I am even more impressed with John's work. His workmanship and materials are equal to the Cagleco in every way. It's just not 54 years old :)

You'll love the Monarch I love mine but theres noth'n like an original. Wear the Monarch everyday and keep the original for special occasions.

bebel

Amazing original boxed jacket! Congrats. :eek:

I have the same Cagleco's contract G-1 in very good shape, size 44, 100% original. But not in the box! I have purchased this one for wearing it (about USD 350 some years ago). Not all days but however often. Every time a great pleasure to wear it. :D

767fo

bebel said:
Amazing original boxed jacket! Congrats. :eek:

I have the same Cagleco's contract G-1 in very good shape, size 44, 100% original. But not in the box! I have purchased this one for wearing it (about USD 350 some years ago). Not all days but however often. Every time a great pleasure to wear it. :D

Very nice jacket and thanks for posting the pics :)

bretron

I just stumbled on this thread while researching for a potential G1 purchase. This is a perfect dilemma for the vintage clothing nut. The NOS item- to wear or not to wear. Fortunately for me I will never have the kind of money to worry about this :D

I say wear it to weddings and funerals, but otherwise mothball it!

Has it seen much wear since last post?

Cheers to owning a museum worthy piece

ButteMT61

It takes years of hard wear to break a good jacket in let alone harm it.
Wear the damn things. What good is it doing hiding in a closet?
Just donate to a museum if that's the goal. That's a respectable thing to do. Wearing it for watching tv or never makes no sense to me.

Jaguar46

ButteMT61 said:
Wearing it for watching tv or never makes no sense to me.

Now I am broken hearted, I wore my Virgil Hilts A2 while watching The Great Escape.

Oh, the sin of it all. Must go to mass tonight.

Please, Lord.

ButteMT61

Jaguar46 said:
ButteMT61 said:

Now I am broken hearted, I wore my Virgil Hilts A2 while watching The Great Escape.

Please, Lord.

You should - if only due to completely taking my intent way out of context... :roll:
Do you leave that fine Jag in the driveway or does it get started and run down the road? Or do you just pull out the TV and watch Steve McQueen movies all day from the driveway? :lol:

ButteMT61

BTW, Allen, if you ever decide it's too big for you...
Since the 50's air is gone, I'd not match the price you paid, but it would be close. Seriously - if you ever consider selling it...let me know.
But given how good it looks on you, I won't hold my breath. :lol:

767fo

bretron said:
I just stumbled on this thread while researching for a potential G1 purchase. This is a perfect dilemma for the vintage clothing nut. The NOS item- to wear or not to wear. Fortunately for me I will never have the kind of money to worry about this :D

I say wear it to weddings and funerals, but otherwise mothball it!

Has it seen much wear since last post?

Cheers to owning a museum worthy piece

I wear the jacket some but my new Good Wear M-422 gets more wear.

767fo

ButteMT61 said:
Since the 50's air is gone, I'd not match the price you paid, but it would be close. Seriously - if you ever consider selling it...let me know.

Thanks Scott, I would never say never but there are no plans on parting with it ;)

ButteMT61

767fo said:
ButteMT61 said:

Thanks Scott, I would never say never but there are no plans on parting with it ;)

100% understood. Any pics since it's been out of the box for a couple months?

Jaguar46

ButteMT61 said:
Jaguar46 said:
ButteMT61 said:

Please, Lord.

You should - if only due to completely taking my intent way out of context... :roll:
Do you leave that fine Jag in the driveway or does it get started and run down the road? Or do you just pull out the TV and watch Steve McQueen movies all day from the driveway? :lol:

Definition: Facetious: adjective 1. not meant to be taken seriously or literally.

The 66 E-type, while not an everyday driver, enjoys eating up roads here in the San Francisco Bay area. Much more fun than watching movies, or, to be honest, even collecting leather jackets.

Re movies: I would say I enjoyed The Great Escape as much as most avid movie watchers enjoy watching movies. Yourself included.

ButteMT61

Well, good luck in the game - assuming you care for football.
Keep the car garaged. Celebrations or not tend to put such gems at risk! :eek:

767fo

ButteMT61 said:
767fo said:
ButteMT61 said:

100% understood. Any pics since it's been out of the box for a couple months?

No pics as of late. My photographer is holding for warmer weather :lol: