• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1939 aero 40-3785p

Silver Surfer

this is an original 1939 aero leather 40-3785p contract a-2. it is in super nice condition in and out. it is named to a.r. Forsyth. the left chest has an early war atc [air transport command] patch. left shoulder us-chinese composit painted patch on the sleeve patch, and the back has an early war multi layer, leather blood chit. on the epaulets are leather squares that had rank insignia at one point. about the only issues I've found with this a-2 is that the wrist knits are shabby, and one of the sleeve liner seams had to be restitched. it is a real size 44. at some point next week, I will be offering it for sale.
IMG_4433.jpg
IMG_4431.jpg
IMG_4430.jpg
IMG_4429.jpg
IMG_4428.jpg
IMG_4427.jpg
IMG_4426.jpg
IMG_4425.jpg
IMG_4423.jpg
IMG_4434.jpg

Spitfireace

Nice jacket. The liner is in impossibly good condition compared to the condition of the label which is pretty off center. I would say the liner was replaced and patches and label sewn over that.

Spitfireace

Liner replaced patches added after that. Not genuine original. Not trying to put it down, just don't like to be taken for someone who doesn't know better. The CBI painted is original.

Spitfireace

It's ok to replace a liner. But then if you start putting unit patches on top of an original jacket to make it look like something it wasn't ... not cool. Wrecked the original to make a few bucks off some guy who didn't know better. Was a two grand jacket maybe. Now put some unit patches on it and a name and it's twice that. Now it's also ruined, a historical artifact.