• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1938 Acme Pics

saucerfiend

This is the 1938 Acme test jacket on John's new production page. I sure lucked into this one. I can't believe how perfect it fits. Just like John made it for me! The details on this jacket are off the hook! My first A-2 with a rivet zipper... and original Talon fantail! As usual, beautiful workmanship and attention to detail. Particularly, the sewn in leather strip by the zipper inside and stitching above the cuff and waist knits. Every jacket that John sends me becomes my new favorite, and this is no exception. Here's a quick link to John's page to see the details and a few pics of me wearing my "new favorite".

Thanks,
Brian

http://www.goodwearleather.com/photos/1938_AcmeA2_44/

P1010003-1.jpg

P1010009-2.jpg

P1010004-3.jpg

P1010008-5.jpg

CBI

Brian - you must be the same size as John Chapman. I am in the same boat so I was able to take advantage of many of his photo sample jackets. One reason I had easily acquired 14 GW's. In the end, I prefer buying a custom fit one but its fun to be able to take advantage of something essentially your size!

Congrats!

I only own 1 GW currently but that will change.................... ;)

saucerfiend

CBI said:
Brian - you must be the same size as John Chapman. I am in the same boat so I was able to take advantage of many of his photo sample jackets. One reason I had easily acquired 14 GW's. In the end, I prefer buying a custom fit one but its fun to be able to take advantage of something essentially your size!

Congrats!

I only own 1 GW currently but that will change.................... ;)

CBI

14 Goodwear's at one time? Wow! How did you decide which was the keeper, preference of contract, perfect fit or both?

Brian

CBI

no, over a period of a few years. I communicated a lot with John during his earlier stages of developing his jackets and frequently purchased the first ones of the various contracts with the latest hides at that time. His jackets have always been top drawer but within the last year I think he has reached a level that will be hard to top. My most recent purchase is the one I have kept. I have sold all the others for what I paid for them for the most part(in some cases, a little more). Also during the last 2 years, my interest in originals has come back with a vengeance so I am focusing on those as well. My favorite contract that I have owned of John's is the Aero (I forget the model) and the 39 Werber. Just love the cut and overall look. Your 38 Aero looks terrific.

Hobbstc

I always wonder what happened to this one. I bought it from Saucerfiend on here In 2011. Then I sold it on FL the same year. I just reached out to the guy through The power of FB but he sold it years ago. It was a great contract and I regret selling it m

Nickb123

I thought I’d seen it on the Fedora Lounge a few months back, but that was a 46. Nearly bought that one.