• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1930s women’s jacket

Ken at Aero Leather

One other question for people with more knowledge than me. The inside between the zipper and the lining has asymmetrical seams. Is this something big manufacturers did, or would this be a sign of a smaller maker who wasn’t mass producing jackets and wanted to use up scraps?

Also, I took another look at the inside, and couldn’t find any holes from a label having been stitched on.
View attachment 29661

Quite common in the 1930s, some makers even had a seam on the side panel hidden under the side strap and buckle of half belts

Ken at Aero Leather

Good point. I had assumed it was a women’s because it fits me and I’m fairly petite, but it could always be a boy’s jacket too.

I did find another jacket online with very similar buckles, but the buckles could have been from a big supplier, like zippers were. The label is hard to make out, but it says “Tommy Atkins”.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/497668316/1930s-motorcycle-horsehide-jacket-ball

This is a Canadian jacket which might explain the "British" name