• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1930's German bike jacket

Who

John Lever said:
I now realise that the Vintage horse hide is FQHH so that was my mistake. After tying it on over and over again during the holidays I now like the weight and feel of the leather.
The main issue is the length and fit around the waist. I think it's about two inches too long at 26 and should be only 24 inches and needs to be tighter [ hence the Hartmann question]
I am undecided as to have the jacket altered, which will change the button spacing at the bottom, or just have them make a another jacket. It's so close !
Comments appreciated, thanks
IMGP2493.jpg

IMGP2494.jpg

WW2LuftwaffeWien.jpg

for comparison a period 30's/40's jacket.

I really like this version. Call me odd, but I prefer longer fitting jackets - they look more natural (to me).

John Lever

It's looking quite worn now particularly around the button holes. It's slightly softer too as I wear it above all my other jackets.
Apparently Aero have had huge interest in the design but because of workload have not had time to add it to their website. They are available though if you ask Will.
I am having the waist reduced by 2 inches but hope it will be back with me for Autumn.
As others will confirm the Vintage HH is fabulous.