• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

101st Airborne

Ian C

Hiya all,

A friend of mine is having a 1940's themed 40th birthday party and I'm thinking of going as a member of the 101st airborne.
Therefore, does anyone know of any insignia that I can put on my A2? I've seen a unit patch but I want it to be correct.
BTW who made the A2's for Band of Brothers?

Thanks,
Ian

SuinBruin

As always, you can't go wrong by looking to Maj. Dick Winters for inspiration. A nametag and a 506 PIR patch and you're set.

Dick_Winters_1.jpg

Here's the 506 PIR patch... there must be repros out there somewhere, given the enormous popularity of Band of Brothers.
paradice.gif

P.S. I believe Real McCoy New Zealand made the BoB A-2s.

shiloh

Hi Ian,

Here is a picture of my old ELC A-2 with the 506 PIR patch and my nametag. I wear this one for reenactment and daily wear.

elchouse1.jpg

IMG_2107.jpg

IMG_2097.jpg

Hope it will be of any help.

Regards,

shiloh

Ian C said:
Hiya all,

A friend of mine is having a 1940's themed 40th birthday party and I'm thinking of going as a member of the 101st airborne.
Therefore, does anyone know of any insignia that I can put on my A2? I've seen a unit patch but I want it to be correct.
BTW who made the A2's for Band of Brothers?

Thanks,
Ian