• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

“Vintage all NOS “ Repro Hartmann Cyclist.

Pilot

Just finished!
all NOS... leather from old leather coats, liner from old leather coats, cotton pockets liner and thread all NOS...metal hardware all NOS...( corroded buckle) buttons NOS...
Absolutely no 1950’s/60’s or later “ Ersatz ” or actual components.
Guess after a bit of wear and crease... impossible to DNA the real age
A large 46-48” ( US/GB) size ready for shipping to Germany!

Last edited:

Yardstick

Great looking jacket. Much as I love my A-2s and G-1, the jacket I wear the most is my Eastman Hartmann.

Pilot

We have a Reichsverteidigung jacket in process with the same kind of philosophy behind... meaning ,...all original components all NOS... incl. the white ( not metal postwar or green plastic ) Ri-Ri Ww2 ( made out of bone material ) zippers and large 24mm glass Ersatz buttons.

Bombing IP

I do not know if this has ever been done before getting period components and constructing a different jacket from them . Its certainly puts you closer original rather than a reproduction . Kudos to you certainly an attractive option in the market and recycling at its very best . I also see on the Levi Strauss website they are selling used clothes something I have never seen any company do .Pilot maybe you have started a new trend ? .

BIP

Pilot

I do not know if this has ever been done before getting period components and constructing a different jacket from them . Its certainly puts you closer original rather than a reproduction . Kudos to you certainly an attractive option in the market and recycling at its very best . I also see on the Levi Strauss website they are selling used clothes something I have never seen any company do .Pilot maybe you have started a new trend ? .

BIP
Thx.
Not really a new trend...and not my invention.
There was an idea to do the same for Irvin jackets using old Irvin trousers.... ( not my idea ).
It went somehow in a weird direction...
The “ vintage” VLJ members can surely remember.
Anyway, the idea is to stay as close as possible to the the originals, using NOS parts.
Challenge is to find the NOS hardware or to reproduce them ( this is the biggest investment €€€ and time wise ...of the whole game ).
Sourcing the leather, liner, label is the milk run part of it.

Last edited:

Enigma1938

They are NOS and time correct and made out of bakelite.

They're not bad at all. I made the experience that the leather buttons don't last very long, they became weak and fall apart after good use. With yours this won't happen.

Ken at Aero Leather

YES kEN i STAND CORRECTED and your probably the first .

Rgds Jeff

;)
"I Was Lord Kitchener's Valet" beat me to first on the podium (although they were a stockist of my first brand)
I started selling used Levis around 1963, yes I am that old! Mods didn't want brand new Levis as they screamed of buying into the look
I've sold "used" ever since
My first Shops (Ruskin) mixed used and new from 1968-72