• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wow. What a looker.

Ole

Banned
By the way, aren't you that guy who sold a defective A-2 jacket to a guy on eBay and hidden its flaws and when the poor guy received it and found it needed to be restitched in several places and he complained you told him: "it's an old jacket what did you expect" and that "returns not accepted".

Great! and you are posting rat x-rays to me?

People are watching what we say here you know. I have nothing else to say to you.

Persimmon

By the way, aren't you that guy who sold a defective A-2 jacket to a guy on eBay and hidden its flaws and when the poor guy received it and found it needed to be restitched in several places and he complained you told him: "it's an old jacket what did you expect" and that "returns not accepted".

Great! and you are posting rat x-rays to me?

People are watching what we say here you know. I have nothing else to say to you.

No Ole.
I sold a jacket that was deliberately damaged by the purchaser to get a refund. He had changed his mind for some reason.
When I pointed out to him if he had said he had hit a financial crisis I would have taken it back and offered the return of his money.
But to damage a jacket to get his money back.
Well very disappointing.
Being sold on eBay it was returned. You have no rights as a seller.
I paid for to be repaired professionally even though it was done to get a refund by the initial purchaser.
It was sold again and a delighted customer offered positive feedback.
So before you jump in and have a go ... ask for facts.

Ole

Banned
As much as I like to believe you the fact is that the missing stitches are visible in your original ebay listing here:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/REAL-MCCOYS-A-2-ROUGHWEAR-27752-GOATSKIN-EASTMAN-FLIGHT-JACKET-/173162583553?rmvSB=true&nma=true&si=y1d3q9Basi2%2BY2qP472269RVeZw%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

At least the pocket on the left has loose stitching on the middle backwards.
It is visible in the 4th and 6th photo. Or are you going to argue with the photographs again?

Also, in your own words the buyer's claims were "laughable". And instead of apologizing to the man you tried to make him look foolish.

And now you tell us a different story. I think you lost all your credibility here.

I don't care what you do, just don't give me rat x-rays any more as I am not the rat here.

Persimmon

As much as I like to believe you the fact is that the missing stitches are visible in your original ebay listing here:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/REAL-MCCOYS-A-2-ROUGHWEAR-27752-GOATSKIN-EASTMAN-FLIGHT-JACKET-/173162583553?rmvSB=true&nma=true&si=y1d3q9Basi2%2BY2qP472269RVeZw%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

At least the pocket on the left has loose stitching on the middle backwards.
It is visible in the 4th and 6th photo. Or are you going to argue with the photographs again?

Also, in your own words the buyer's claims were "laughable". And instead of apologizing to the man you tried to make him look foolish.

And now you tell us a different story. I think you lost all your credibility here.

I don't care what you do, just don't give me rat x-rays any more as I am not the rat here.

Ole
You made my point exactly.
It was not a new jacket. It is an old jacket. With wear and tear.
I supplied lots of pictures - you say you can see small areas. Exactly my point.

I was clear when I said that the text and description were the full description.
The buyer said he did not see anything !!
He wanted a brand new jacket it would appear.
I even asked him in dispair had he even looked at the pictures on the listing.
I did not try and make him look foolish. Instead I tried to point out the photos were clear and he made a buying decision.

I was upset when he deliberately created damage to the jacket to the extend I had to have it professionally repaired.
I am not telling you a story as you state. I was explaining the true facts which you were not aware of clearly.
I gave up with the Hat place due to the Aero nonsense so I don’t read posts there.
It’s easy to create a positive spin to a thread when only one side is represented.
Perhaps if the buyer had made up a thread to say - “if I deliberately damage a jacket am I allowed to rip off the seller by returning it.” I wonder how many people would add agreement posts.

Oh by the way I did not see the reference to you being a rat here on the site with the mouse X-rays. Do others ??

The mouse X rays were to lighten your heavy heavy downer on most jacket manufacturers and Your insistence on you being so accurate.

Now let me find a new X-ray especially for you....

806A8A46-1F87-40E0-8147-AC551DC283C9.jpeg

Garylafortuna

Alan, I beg you, stop fueling this guy's fire. Aggressive behavior of this ilk needs an outlet, and some of you are playing right into his hands. Logic plays no part in confrontations of this kind, so you are basically drawing to an inside straight. Whatever you say in your defense, he will oppose. Besides, you certainly do not need to justify your actions on this forum, or feel the need to explain yourself. Negativity seems to be the defining factor in Mr. Ole's self proclaimed wisdom. What appears to be evident Mr Ole is that you have no intention of ever becoming a long term member in good standing on this forum. A little kindness and empathy will take you far sir. Disagreeing is one thing, accusing is something else entirely.

Last edited:

Ole

Banned
Fortuna where do you see the aggressive behavior man?
3 of them attacked me when I simply asked to justify why the knits are not correct. Not just "because I said so" but with real evidence. I also said prove me wrong and I will listen. So far they have failed. Alan keeps implying I am a rat because I pointed out the weaknesses of some repro jackets. Is that rational behavior? He thinks that because he is an old member he can say whatever to a newbie like me. That's called abuse of power man.

I am not implying anything, and not accusing anyone. I just stated the facts of the ebay case. They are there for anyone interested to read.

I supplied lots of pictures - you say you can see small areas. Exactly my point.

I had to look very closely and try very hard to see the undone stitches. I would have never seen them if they weren't mentioned in the dispute with the buyer.
Alan, if you did not intend to hide that defect you should have provided close-up photos of the problem areas. It is usual for Ebay sellers to point the problem areas with a pencil, show close up photos and mention them in the description. Anyone here disagrees with that??????? Saying it was an old jacket is not an excuse for not including them in the description. I have many old jackets and they don't have undone stitching problems, so you see there's old jackets and there's old jackets.

you certainly do not need to justify your actions on this forum, or feel the need to explain yourself.

oh yeah? but is OK to call someone else a rat?

The reason I brought up the matter of the ebay case is because if you want to accuse somebody of something first you got ask yourself how virtuous you are.
In John 8:7 when the Jews wanted to execute that woman by stoning her to death, Jesus said "He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her."
But maybe Alan didn't go to Sunday school and haven't learnt that lesson.

What appears to be evident Mr Ole is that you have no intention of ever becoming a long term member in good standing on this forum

I hope this is not a threat.

Over and out.

stanier

Going back to the topic of the thread, I think we all agreed the Victory leather on that BK is stunning. On the BK website there are various knit choices so maybe they could add a choice of those in the style Andrew posted?

I don’t know what’s involved but it feels “fixing” the knits should be an easy problem to solve as opposed to getting leather in that league?

Dr H

Alan, I beg you, stop fueling this guy's fire. Aggressive behavior of this ilk needs an outlet, and some of you are playing right into his hands. Logic plays no part in confrontations of this kind, so you are basically drawing to an inside straight. Whatever you say in your defense, he will oppose. Besides, you certainly do not need to justify your actions on this forum, or feel the need to explain yourself. Negativity seems to be the defining factor in Mr. Ole's self proclaimed wisdom. What appears to be evident Mr Ole is that you have no intention of ever becoming a long term member in good standing on this forum. A little kindness and empathy will take you far sir. Disagreeing is one thing, accusing is something else entirely.

You’re right, just feeding the troll.

Dr H

Going back to the topic of the thread, I think we all agreed the Victory leather on that BK is stunning. On the BK website there are various knit choices so maybe they could add a choice of those in the style Andrew posted?

I don’t know what’s involved but it feels “fixing” the knits should be an easy problem to solve as opposed to getting leather in that league?

Fixing a knit weave is trivial, securing a long-term, regular supply of leather from a tannery able to supply the demand has been an issue I believe?

Ole

Banned
You’re right, just feeding the troll.

First I was a rat and now I am a troll. I didn't call you any names. Everybody can see who started this. You call me a troll and expect me to sit and do nothing about it? To fear the old member and not reply? Forget it.

You need to learn to respect the new members in the same way you respect the old ones. This is not your forum. And then you wonder why people have left from here. It's the way you are treating them. You need to learn good manners first and earn doctorships later otherwise they mean nothing. You get it?

I want to make a stand here against bullying of new members. I am fed up. This shit has got to stop.
For your info also, just because I don't have 4000 posts like you does not make me any less experienced than you. I have 50+ original jackets (A-2 and Navy incl. many mint ones) in my collection and more than 10 repros from various makers and have sold around 20 of them. So please save me the crap about experienced members and "because I said so" behavior.

I said before "Over and out" and want to stop it here but you can't let it go.

Silver Surfer

seems like you guys have a lock on this topic, but if i may interrupt a little here, to the best of my knowledge, both good wear and bill kelso use the same knit supplier. this on and on thread is akin to the stories of talmudic scholars debating 'how many angels fit on the head of a pin".......or, so it seems to me. ok, got that off my chest. carry on.

missonnier

Hello everybody.....
What a nice "ambiance" here ;(
By the way, i'am the winner for this BK RW A2, i think and i hope It will be the kind of perfect repro for me. Let me Know if you are intereted by some pictures when i'll will receive It.
Andy, from BK gave me some very nice info concerning the "un broken" story.
Keep cool guys, It is only a pleasure to learn about A2 ;()
Philippe, french collector

Persimmon

Hello everybody.....
What a nice "ambiance" here ;(
By the way, i'am the winner for this BK RW A2, i think and i hope It will be the kind of perfect repro for me. Let me Know if you are intereted by some pictures when i'll will receive It.
Andy, from BK gave me some very nice info concerning the "un broken" story.
Keep cool guys, It is only a pleasure to learn about A2 ;()
Philippe, french collector

Welcome Philippe
Do you have other jackets

missonnier

Thank you !
Oh yeah, repro from GW, RLMC, THE FEW, eastman, and some ww2 monarch, RW, dubow, aeroleather, all that in size 38
It Will be my second BK,

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    26.6 KB · Views: 234