• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where to buy material or ready-made cuffs and waistband?

Jaydee

HackerF15E said:
Are the sets of cuffs and waistband actually listed anywhere on the Gibson and Barnes website? On a short dig through the site, I couldn't find them.

Negative. You have to call and ask.

BB: G&B does, or at least did make a bi-weave waistband, I have one sitting here. It could have been a mistake getting the modern one sent out.

I once did a phone order for Historical A-2 knits and got the civiallian A-2 knits in the mail. That sucked because I did have to send it back for exchange. I could not use the seal brown poly knits they sent. Their wool knits are nice though!

brownbanana

Thanks for your reply jaydee. Yup, atleast it's a nice set of wool knits, if it were poly it'd be a different story. Maybe just a heads up for people ordering through G&B in the future; make sure they know which knits you want and triple check to make sure they get it right :!:

zoomer

I don't know if I can really blame jacket makers for making it difficult to get replacements such as knits. You're more or less taking business away from them if you have the replacement done yourself.

That said, such things should be available when wanted. Just don't expect it to be a simple process getting them.

Jaydee

Well he says "NOS Condition" not NOS specifically.

I doubt they are NOS. The color does not seem quite right.

Also they have been selling for a while now, and I don't imagine he has a whole crate full of them.

I did aquire a NOS 1950's Bi-weave Waistband for G-1 on ebay. That was legit, and NOS!

dmar836

I was gonna say. Those are quite red. The second pic looks a lot better.

I really need burgundy shaded cuffs. These might be too red on an old jacket. Used only for display, they would never age properly.

A2 B3au

Aero leather why go anywhere else they quoted me basically half the price Eastman suggested and no silly wait time. Both outfits equally skilled to undertake a simple cuff and waistband replacement on a generic Eastman A2 that I love, best part is when I get it back they would of applied arm patches to either arm and my uncle's name tag. Over the as all the high street so called tailors didn't give me any confidence in their knowledge let alone ability . Pics will be posted before n after once I've got enough points to post properly nice one Art