• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where does Buzz Rickson get their patches ??

Rutger

By now I got 4 jackets with patches from BR, and have to say that in my not-so-expert yet very interested eye they look very well and match the period they're supposed to replicate, being fully embroidered and all that.

Does anyone know where they get their patches?

atkins

Rutger, if it's not too much trouble, may we see the close up picture of each patch? I will learn a lot from them.

Rutger

atkins said:
Rutger, if it's not too much trouble, may we see the close up picture of each patch? I will learn a lot from them.

Will do, gotta find time to make daylight pics though. Maybe sunday evening?
Found this one in my photophiles.

KGrHqQOKnME52NRU9wTBOrQpQu7Cw60_12.jpg

Rutger

atkins said:

these are at least three, if I can edit the 4th within 30 mins...

IMG_3640.jpg

IMG_3639.jpg

IMG_3636.jpg

Rutger

a2jacketpatches said:
They look merrowed edge, are they?

Had to look that one up, so assuming cut edge is the other most common variant, yes these are all merrowed edge.
Probably had the wrong program on the camera, I can do sharper than this.

a2jacketpatches

Thanks, if these are representative of 60's patches, it makes sense. I'm wondering if their 40's repros are cut edge. I'm thinking 1962 was the earliest merrowed if memory is still working.