• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

jeremiah

No this is the one I got back in April off eBay. Been in storage for awhile and just moved in down here in sweaty Mississippi. Good thing for AC in here though.

This is the BK 27798 in a horsehide that is not victory or liberty.

SL 23.5”
SH 16.5”
P2P 20.5-20.75”
Back 23”

So for my new 1755 I am thinking of going 24” for sleeves and back @ 23” as I like this length. Stock BL is 23.75”
The stock pit to pit on the 1755 will be 19.5” which will fit me a little slimmer which I think will be fine as I am almost a 36 in chest size. Awaiting Andy’s email to nail down all final size details. He already has my mula.

So maybe that will be the A2 keeper I have been seeking after. Either that or I just don’t wear A2s very well.

Last edited:

B-Man2

The grain in that hide looks nice.... and it looks good on you... congrats!

I think that at some point you will come to accept what many of us have struggled with over the years, which is the "perfect fit" is elusive. It will change with what you wear under the jacket, with the maker of the jacket and the contract of the jacket. The "perfect fit" can also be costly to achieve, going through a number of jackets, with each one being just slightly off from your individual perception of what the perfect fit should look like.
My suggestion is that you continue to look at wartime photos with guys wearing A2 jackets and you will see that the fit was all over the place. In many cases you look at a picture of a guy that looks like he has the "perfect fit" A2 and you'll see that he has a shirt, a tie, and maybe a sweater on under the jacket. So while its the perfect fit at that moment, in the spring that jacket will be large and a little baggy on the same dude. Even some of the guys who you see pictured in this forum, who have that look, may have it with a T-shirt but then the jacket is tight on them it the winter when they put on a sweater or a thick shirt.
I say this because like many of the other guys here, I've been through this, and I'm trying to save you a few bucks.

Can't wait to see your new 1755:)

jeremiah

Yeah. I know you are right B-man. Thanks.

So would a RW contract fit more slim and trim than a dubow? If I am understanding correctly, athletic fit just means a bit more comfortable due to the way dubow made the arm holes a bit wider? Wondering if a RW would suit me better due to the cut.

Last edited:

Thomas Koehle

not at the moment but about 8 years ago when I was still living / working in China - hope that count`s also?

I frequently organized motorbike tours - the one pictured was to Mongolia in 2010

zwChLvY.jpg

K9wKW5X.jpg

SY90K1P.jpg

the jacket is from "NOBLE HOUSE" in Germany - was just a trial-run as far as the owner explained me back then and never been produce in mass-production

Garylafortuna

Jeremiah, Rough Wear A-2s are known to have a more relaxed fit around the midriff. Other makers like Werber for example cut their jackets for a more athletic build. If you get onto the Good Wear website, Mr Chapman does an excellent job of describing the fit of all the different contracts he makes. This gorgeous Dubow that you are trying to flog is one of the sweetest looking jackets shown on this forum, and it fits you very well. If you went to a smaller size, you will end up kicking yourself in the butt for doing so. You are your own worst critic Jeremiah. Take it off the sale page and wear it man.

stanier

Jeremiah, Rough Wear A-2s are known to have a more relaxed fit around the midriff. Other makers like Werber for example cut their jackets for a more athletic build. If you get onto the Good Wear website, Mr Chapman does an excellent job of describing the fit of all the different contracts he makes. This gorgeous Dubow that you are trying to flog is one of the sweetest looking jackets shown on this forum, and it fits you very well. If you went to a smaller size, you will end up kicking yourself in the butt for doing so. You are your own worst critic Jeremiah. Take it off the sale page and wear it man.

Perfectly said Gary. Why search for cotton when you already have silk?...

Greg Gale

One of the best fitting A-2s I've seen on the web, don't you ever part with it, Brett! If you do, let me know :D I really love that collar too.