• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

stanier

3EF0E9FE-AC12-48A3-B791-083609BAAFFC.jpeg
After yesterday’s outing in the A-2 it’s flippin’ freezing today and time for the D-1 and Buzz Rickson CPO shirt, and I’m still more than happy to find a pub with a real fire!

Attachments

• C74B49B1-5778-43F1-9DBA-0C4B9D57A161.jpeg
    C74B49B1-5778-43F1-9DBA-0C4B9D57A161.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 266

s4rmark

It was bl**dy freezing today! Made a big mistake , went with the Buzz Ricksons tanker jacket when I should have gone sheepskin. Still thawing out now at home after a long walk with the dog.

Smithy

The temperature shot up to positive degrees for the first time in months but the wind was whipping around and there was rain and sleet today so it was the Barnstormer and three mile long RFC scarf.

Did the trick, kept the wind out and laughed at the sleet, and the girl at the supermarket said I looked great which put a smile on the old dial.

Didn't take a pic as was too busy lugging shopping and herding children so this already posted example of the coat in question will have to do.

nGKYcN1.jpg

Skip

Some nice jackets there lads, and Tim, I reckon even I would have commented on your jacket if I was at your supermarket. It certainly has THE look even without you in it. :cool:

Temp here at present is 39'C. Had a shirt that dried in 15 minutes, almost snap crisp.

Smithy

That's starting to get into "stinking hot" territory Matt. I'm OK up to about the high 30s so long as there's cold beer but over that I start to suffer. The over 40 stuff we used to get in Melbourne really knocked the stuffing out of me. Black Saturday was just horrific, I've never experienced anything like that and hope not to ever again. 47-48 and gale force winds which were even hotter than the ambient temperature. Absolute nightmare.

blackrat2

Love that Miles...was in Helmsdal couple weeks back
Vintage Levi’s 557 trucker jacket under a modern North Face micro down, kept the cold out up on the Surrey Hills

Miles

Love that Miles...was in Helmsdal couple weeks back
Vintage Levi’s 557 trucker jacket under a modern North Face micro down, kept the cold out up on the Surrey Hills
Hope you enjoyed your stay! I try my very hardest to not blend in with a bubble jacket so I definitely paid the price with my LW but now long winters are totally enjoyable! Having my jacket has really brightened my world in a dark place[emoji1374]. Just a T-shirt and my ANJ4 [emoji173]️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D97x7

Polden Sheepskins, I'd heard that a friend of a friend had bought a Irvin type jacket that had been made in Somerset, wondered where he got it from.

Lord Flashheart

Polden Sheepskins, I'd heard that a friend of a friend had bought a Irvin type jacket that had been made in Somerset, wondered where he got it from.

I've had it a few years and I think they now trade as British Sheepskin Company. Got it from Transair I recall but I've not seen them around much. Warm enough for the weather though which counts right now