• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Smithy

Whoa....... That's a tough way to get some time in the Irvin!!
Been there ..done that! My heart goes out to ya!
Feel better soon Smithy.

Thanks mate. Apart from getting the Irvin out, the other plus side was giving the postman the fright of his life when I popped out from behind the hedge in my dressing gown and with blood red eyes, he looked absolutely terrified :D

B-Man2

IMG_6138.JPG
Now that does paint a picture!!

Smithy

Mine were worse than that, the whites were a darker red. They've calmed down a bit now but the wife still thinks they're a tad spooky...

B-Man2

Mine were worse than that, the whites were a darker red. They've calmed down a bit now but the wife still thinks they're a tad spooky...!

OH DUDE!!
That eye is right out of a Steven King movie!

Heavy R&R is called for with that look.
Good Luck!

Smithy

I've taken to the scotch in lieu of any other kind of medicine, but the better half has banished me to the spare room with a hot water bottle. Effectively ostracised in my own home! Still the scotch seems to be helping.

Pilot

I've taken to the scotch in lieu of any other kind of medicine, but the better half has banished me to the spare room with a hot water bottle. Effectively ostracised in my own home! Still the scotch seems to be helping.
Hope you are feeling better ...
keep us posted...
(Sauna & Scotch helps a lot...)

Smithy

Thanks Pilot. I still look like hell but the fever has gone. The mother-in-law has a sauna in her house but I don't think she'd let me through the door in my current state. Just going to have to ride it out.

Wearing jacket-wise? Well the old dressing gown has been getting a solid workout today but I'll spare everyone by not posting photos!

Smithy

Very happy today. After the Indian summer that we had here for a long time (unusual for this far north within the Arctic Circle) it was around 3 to 5 Celsius all day here which meant my beloved Irvin got worn the whole day today. Even wore it whilst I changed the tyres on the car from the summer ones to winter ones as we had the first real frost over night and there were a spate of accidents around town of people being caught out. Sorry no photos as was too busy but I'll try and snap a few of the old girl over the weekend to show how my ELC 1940 Pattern looks now after 10 years of hard use.

Smithy

Was nippy again today, around 3 Celsius but wasn't really out and about, just mucking around in the garden and garage trying to stow a few things like the garden furniture before the snow and late autumn storms hit and had the ATF B-10 on. I'll try and take some snaps tomorrow of the Irvin and the B-10 or get my daughter to, I'd never dream of asking my wife as she's a real no-nonsense Viking and would think such behaviour unmanly!

Dubpynchon

I’d like to see pics of the Irvin. I’d like to wear a sheepskin hard for ten years without getting bored and selling it!

B-Man2

I would think that you'd have to live in a pretty cold place to wear an Irvin hard for ten years .

B-Man2

Took a drive up to the mountains of North Carolina this weekend.
Took 5 different jackets with me.
Irvin, B-6, B-3, A-2 and a Navy Pea Coat.
It was cold enough that I got to wear them all at one time or another.
Living in Florida doesn't provide much opportunity to show off your fleece:(

Smithy

Fluctuated between about 4 and 2 degrees Celsius today but there was a bit of a wind up so was minus something with windchill, therefore the Irvin again, and I'll imagine it will be for the foreseeable future until we hit the serious low minus temps when I'll resort to modern Canada's finest.

Edward

on my way out to see my oldest (senior in high school) Fall orchestra performance. plays violin.
Wearing an Eastman Leather Co. RoughWear 42-1401P A-2 with a vintage 1940s wool officers tie.
Temps have been up and down but the past couple of days the humidity was really low with temps upper 40s in the morning with it getting no higher than 70 degrees by late day so: "Leather Weather"!

IMG_8086.JPG

Smithy

Lovely Edward!

Funny the difference between where you are and here, we're forecast for our first snowfall tomorrow ;)