• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Smithy

Got rid of the flu and was round at the mother-in-law's for a barbie (being the Antipodean it's my job to do it). Was a stunner, full sun, not a cloud and also lovely and warm but like the Arctic if the wind pops up and goes northerly it can suddenly get a bit nippy. Had the B-10 with me for just such occasions and it was perfect...for my daughter who decided Dad's repro flight jacket was better to cosy up in than anything else ;)

Last edited:

Skip

Got rid of the flu and was round at the mother-in-law's for a barbie (being the Antipodean it's my job to do it). Was a stunner, full sun, not a cloud and also lovely and warm but like the Arctic if the wind pops up and goes northerly it can suddenly get a bit nippy. Had the B-10 with me for just such occasions and it was perfect...for my daughter who decided Dad's repro flight jacket was better to cosy up in than anything else ;)

Cool. Good your on the mend mate. My wife sometimes likes wearing my jackets, even if they're a little to big. No matter what the jacket or the size for that mater they always look appealing on the fairer sex.

Smithy

Cool. Good your on the mend mate. My wife sometimes likes wearing my jackets, even if they're a little to big. No matter what the jacket or the size for that mater they always look appealing on the fairer sex.

My wife always looks a million times better in my Irvin than me Skip, even though it's about 6 sizes too large ;-)

Heyd

IMG_0260_zpsec4pzdju.jpg

Looks warm!

Skip

IMG_0260_zpsec4pzdju.jpg

Looks warm!

Welcome to the forum!

Quite warm, the wind chill factor at 80-100kph would have been substantial in an open top cruise, but it was rather pleasant. Having the fleece right against the next helps a lot.

Had fleece lined windstopper gloves as well, without those it would have been a different matter

Bombing IP

Wearing my Buzz Rickson B-15 at Bow Lake in Alberta, Canada last week.

View attachment 1074

Love the jacket and the patches ,did you put the patches on or did it come like that . B10 and B15 have linings that make putting patches on with a sewing machine difficult ,or were they hand sewn on .I have a B10 I want to put an ATC and a name patch on .

Thanks BIP

Smithy

Love the jacket and the patches ,did you put the patches on or did it come like that . B10 and B15 have linings that make putting patches on with a sewing machine difficult ,or were they hand sewn on .I have a B10 I want to put an ATC and a name patch on .

Thanks BIP

I'm looking at patching my B-10 as well Jeff and I'm going to get the mother-in-law to hand sew it as she's a dab hand at that kind of thing. Just have to choose which sqd/unit patch.

GyreneGreen

Thanks BIP

The jacket came patched already but I replaced the name tape (a shoe cobbler had to do it). I bought the jacket last year on eBay, probably from an Australian forum member. I was going to patch it to the 587TH BS anyway so I was glad that was already done but I plan on replacing that patch with a repro I bought on eBay (see below) that I guess is from the 1950-70s.
s-l1600.jpg

Jason

Winter has arrived in Tasmania! Ten degrees below freezing for us on Saturday with widespread snow, so the Irvin is going to be worn. Actually I wore it to work the other morning when the temperature was just on freezing and got a few approving looks.
During the day, the recent ATF tanker purchase has been getting a good workout. One hellava comfortable jacket!