• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Western Electric ANB-H-1

kiltie

This arrived today to add to my little pile of goodies: ANB-H-1 Western Electric headset.
Once I have enough stuff worth showing in a nice big diorama, I will, but for the time being, here are my new receivers. They're shown on a craptastic styrofoam head from Sally's Beauty Supply along with my honest-to-goodness Luxemberg crusher:

IMG_9220_zps06abfb81.jpg

IMG_9230_zpsccba4340.jpg

IMG_9217_zps118ecfb5.jpg

IMG_9221_zps21f1fadc.jpg

The rubber has tiny thread-like cracking, but on the whole is very pliable. The leather is in VERY good condition, as you can see from the picture. The cord and plug are in super good shape and the bakelite parts at the ears are in excellent shape. Not too too much oxidation on the metal.

Thanks for looking.

A

Anonymous

Love the chair and ottoman, very nice, and the collection also.

PaulGT3

I wonder if there is a market for artist painted Styrafoam heads from Sallys Beauty Supply?
Great grouping too. Texans are always good at that kind of thing!!!!

I wonder if there is a market for workable headsets that are fully 2015 capable but have
that vintage look. Or am I decade behind the party?

kiltie

Thanks, everybuddy -

PaulGT3 said:
I wonder if there is a market for workable headsets that are fully 2015 capable but have
that vintage look. Or am I decade behind the party?

I watched a LOT of headsets on ebay before settling on these. Amusingly, the ebay robot only knows I'm watching headphones, but not why, so I kept getting the "YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE..." with ads for Beats by Dr Dre and stuff like that.

dmar836

I've thought about it but I think it would be difficult to adapt some of the passive noise cancellation technology to these but with some of the newer sets out there, particularly the active cancellation sets, it could be done. But they are already $600+.

Display looks great. BTW, Hobby Lobby has styrofoam male heads. Add some Fleck Stone paint treatment and walla.

Where did you find the San Michele bell?

Dave

kiltie

dmar836 said:
, Hobby Lobby has styrofoam male heads. Add some Fleck Stone paint treatment and walla.

Where did you find the San Michele bell?

Dave

Thanks for the "heads" up on the...heads?
The bell was another thing where patience paid off, circling the 'bay. Watched a lot of bells in the thirty or more dollar range in varying conditions. This one was poorly listed and I scored it for fifteen or so, shipped. It has a clapper, but there was no chain. I got the chain from a DIY jewelry kit that had the correct "T" clasp. Pretty nice for the price of even a halfway decent reproduction ( which I almost succombed to before spotting this one ).
As I put this stuff together, I've watched a LOT of stuff come and go, sometimes missing out on some great deals in retrospect, but I'm finally getting the hang of how to dig for the stuff that's listed badly.