• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Watches to wear with your flight jackets...

Pilot

FC24E059-6EDB-4E00-BF60-565101F4C70D.jpeg
4185C565-C366-4B47-B3AF-B2C08A0BF282.jpeg

A-11, A-17, A-17A from Bulova, Elgin, Hamilton and Waltham, ...German WW2 service watches from Arsa, Glycine, Doxa, Helvetia, Zenith, Para, Grana, Alpina, Buren, Mimo and Revue.
A-2 from GW and ELC.

Last edited:

Pilot

Thx, all serviced, all working. Wear most of them from time to time, for a while...depending on the occasion and the jacket.
IMO, best possible investment....pe. on nice A-11’s ...prices have doubled within a few years. For German WW2 watches like from Zenith, Mimo, Longines, Glycine, Doxa,...3x what it used to be 10 years ago. German WW2 Chronos even more so...

Pilot

FE4B6CC2-07AC-422C-A4A9-EE523E0E5C93.jpeg

My favored WW2 Zenith.
Came from a Ww2 German officer who signed up into the Foreign Legion after WW2.
Strap is not WW2.

Silver Surfer

my every day wearer is my older brietling. i believe it is called a colt. purchased it used, i have now owned it for over twenty years. the watch is pretty straight forward with no extra bells and whistles. i like the kinda hard to by blue face and actual numbers.well, its time for an over haul as it runs slow now. i have just made a purchase of a seiko skx009 to use while the brietling is serviced. i decided on the seiko because of a members recommendation, reviews, and affordability.
IMG_1676.JPG

Pilot

my every day wearer is my older brietling. i believe it is called a colt. purchased it used, i have now owned it for over twenty years. the watch is pretty straight forward with no extra bells and whistles. i like the kinda hard to by blue face and actual numbers.well, its time for an over haul as it runs slow now. i have just made a purchase of a seiko skx009 to use while the brietling is serviced. i decided on the seiko because of a members recommendation, reviews, and affordability.View attachment 3913
Very nice and classy

Spitfireace

View attachment 3912
My favored WW2 Zenith.
Came from a Ww2 German officer who signed up into the Foreign Legion after WW2.
Strap is not WW2.
what's the mm on that? I have like most WW2 watches a so called "boys watch" . Pilots apparently at the time didn't want larger watches where the lugs would catch on things. So I have a Swiss 15 jewel watch with a small dial second hand etc. It's 28mm I believe without crown.

Pilot

what's the mm on that? I have like most WW2 watches a so called "boys watch" . Pilots apparently at the time didn't want larger watches where the lugs would catch on things. So I have a Swiss 15 jewel watch with a small dial second hand etc. It's 28mm I believe without crown.
All military German service watches with D...H ( Dienstuhr Heer) or D.. ( Dienstuhr) meaning service issued watch for Heer = Army ...or D... for Luftwaffe and Para’s , had a diam. of 33 to 35 mm, so bigger by two to four mm if compared to US. A-11 of the same period.
All diam. measured without crown of course.
The German service watches with a diam. of 28 mm D...U or unmarked (Dienstuhr Universal) were for female auxiliaries or railway clarks only.
The Pilots or other service men Chronos had a diam. of 39-40mm without crown, depending on the maker, GLASHÜTTE, HANHART, ZENITH...
References can be read in the Konrand Knirim books “ German Military time pieces”

Last edited: