• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Want a B-15

arclight

Hello! Thanks to you guys I'm getting a grasp on the nylon jacket era. It's to the point where I'd like to get a B-15. Looks like Alpha has the corner of the market. Without getting into the Rickson price range, what do you guys recommend? I would also consider a cloth/canvas representation of an early B-15 if the warmth was there.
Thanks in advance..........arclight out.

better duck

I have a ELC B15 and it is great, comfortable jacket. As far as I can deduce (I am no expert, never having seen, let alone studied, an original) it is very close to the originals.
The huge collar is a bit of an acquired taste, as is the off centre zipper, but you'll love the slash pockets and the huge cargo pockets on the inside (two of them!).

A

Anonymous

Like Peter, I too have an ELC cloth B-15. An awesome jacket. Soft, warm and very, very comfortable. More so IMVHO than the B-10 (dons tin helmet and waits for incoming ....... :eek: )

The slash pockets are perfectly angled for the hands and the storage capacity is unreal. Of course it doesn't have that B-10 / A-2 type of tailored look or fit but as I'm broad shouldered, I find that a good thing as I've never had an A-2 fit me properly and look ok.

The offside zipper is ok although the collar is a bit big you do (as Peter so rightly put it) get used to it. To be honest, I don't think the jacket would look properly proportioned without the big collar and it does keep you warm in winter ! The girls at work love to stroke the collar - apart from when I'm holding it in front of me at waist level :twisted: Certainly if you are looking at B-15's in the first place and you don't like the collar, then you won't like the nylon ones either.

I had a blue B-15C and traded it for this baby as the nylon ones are a bit stiffer and less comfortable to wear.

Cheers,
Dave

asiamiles

JACKET_ HEAD said:
To be honest, I don't think the jacket would look properly proportioned without the big collar and it does keep you warm in winter

I think the modified B-15A looks just fine, but you're right in that it does loose the ability to keep your neck warm, which may be one thing you're looking for a flight jacket to do.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Weasel_Loader said:
BR or ELC need to hurry up and make a B-15A. ;)

BR will do it again.

!BfHb+MgBGk~$(KGrHqUOKjUErzQ9cQQtBL!Dng5HIQ~~_35.JPG

Tim P

Alpha replica yes
Alpha vintage no
Buzz rickson ... In a heartbeat.... but OW price wise (value however, it has to be said) I personally prefer the C model in blue.