• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

VLJ software upgrade

Nathan Flowers

Administrator
Hi guys,

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up that we'll be upgrading the forum software for VLJ to Xenforo sometime this afternoon or tomorrow.

Nothing should change with your usernames or passwords. It will have a really basic look to start with, but I'll do everything I can to make it look similar to the current look.

-Nathan

Nathan Flowers

Administrator
Looks like some avatars have been borked in the migration process. You guys will have to re-upload.

Good news is it looks like the media gallery and photo posting works.

John Lever

Hi Nathan,
As a user of TFL I have found navigating less easier than on VLJ, less intuitive somehow and slightly over complicated. It could just be me but I always go to Active Topics when I open the page and not new posts.

Andrew

So @Nathan Flowers is the forum now open for anyone not a member of VLJ to view all posts? It appears so as I was able to view threads before I logged in.

Also, I take it the "Reply" button is the same as "quote" on the old forum? Any chance it can be changed back to quote?

Nathan Flowers

Administrator
So @Nathan Flowers is the forum now open for anyone not a member of VLJ to view all posts? It appears so as I was able to view threads before I logged in.

Also, I take it the "Reply" button is the same as "quote" on the old forum? Any chance it can be changed back to quote?

Yes, "Reply" is the same as "Quote" on the old forum. Now we have "+Quote" in addition to "Reply", which allows you to multi-quote several messages at once. In addition to this, you can also quote directly when you highlight/select text of a post.

You can view some threads without logging in, but not all. Life Beyond, For Sale, and some others are not open to public viewing. Also, per request from @John Lever we're blocking images from showing up in search engines.

Nathan Flowers

Administrator

Also, if you have any suggestions regarding colors, or how things are set up, I'm all ears. The goal is to keep the forum running, and keep you guys happy. Next up is Tapatalk integration, and some additional skins (Light/Dark Style).

Cobblers161

Not a fan at all but it looks as though I'm outnumbered.

My first impression is a vicous assault on the eyes.

I'm a luddite.