• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

VINTAGE WWII A-2 FLIGHT JACKET SEAL BROWN STRAP 1943 ROLEX WATCH 20MM 19MM

Silver Surfer

a nifty idea, but getting it wet may be a problem. i do not take my steel bracelet breitling off when i shower, and i would have to if the band were leather, especially if it were old leather. cool looking though.

MikeyB-17

I hope it's knackered, beyond repair A-2's they're chopping up for this. If they're butchering decent jackets to make watch straps that's not cool.

veli1

I'm not so sure they couldn't repair this jacket. And it's obviously an original. On the other side if you sell a couple of those watch strapes for 195 $ per piece you could make some easy money.

Peter Graham

There's no photos of a panel being cut up, and notice the Buzz Rickson logo in one photo. Maybe photos from a BR catalogue showing how they pattern jackets ? Could be they are selling any old offcuts for $195. I reckon if you're willing to pay that for a leather watch strap then you deserve to be ripped off.

YoungMedic

Yeah I think its kind of pointless other than the wearer knowing it was an A2. Considering you could have an identical strap for well under 100 USD I would not go for it.

xmr

From what I can see the Rolex GMT in the ad is fake...(wrong hand stack, the GMT hand isn't supposed to be at the bottom). Not exactly trustworthy...

The watches aren't fakes. The GMT is a 1675 and the hand stack order and setting positions are correct. The GMT hand changed in stack order with the advent of the 'quick setting' 16750 model in around 1980.

Bombing IP

This leather strap thing is a spin off from the Panerai custom watch band circles . The First and in my opinion is still the best design are the Swiss ammo straps circa 1940 .These are made of leather ammunition case that are worn on the belt . The leather has the makers mark in an oval stamp beautiful patina etc .Then you have the French MAT 49 straps and so on . These straps have that been there and done that look . There are many fine maker of watch strap that make these and then you get into Horween Crazy Horse etc ,Look up Landa straps in Holland ,Greg Stevens USA then you will get the idea .

BIP

FoxRed

Honestly, I think that I wouldn't buy it. There are a lot of other very nice watches. I have pretty big collection of watches and I can promise you that everyone can buy really high-quality watches for 250-300 dollars. This site provides japanese watches which are made from solid 904L stainless steel and scratch-proof sapphire crystal instead simple miniral water. I bought a model for my mom last month and she is totally satisfied. If you are interested, I have left the link above. Don't ruin a vintage flight jacket because of some watches.