• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Unissued new in box Dubow A-2!

flyboy

Bugger!!!! After selling all of my A2's now I want one. I need one....
Now see what you've done... :D

Andrew

a2jacketpatches said:
ausreenactor said:
Andrew said:
Another keeper for life.

Patch it.. PATCH IT!!!

Copy that brother, patch the hell out of it!!!!
No this ones staying a cleanskin, I need it to be as versatile as possible. My old faithfull on the other hand can now be put out to stud most likely wearing a beautifully aged patch by Ties- the same as the one he made for Ed Crabtrees (RAAF B-24 Skipper) jacket.

Andrew

flyboy said:
You do indeed need one Soren- hey wait, I have a sz 48 RMNZ Dubow if you're interested!

A

Anonymous

Andrew?
May I ask? Those originals you have don't fit you in a satisfactory way?

flyboy

Andrew said:
flyboy said:
You do indeed need one Soren- hey wait, I have a sz 48 RMNZ Dubow if you're interested!

Although I have lost weight last couple of months, sz 48 just might be too tight after all. But it sounds tempting. If you lived right around the corner, I would def come by and try it out though.

Andrew

PLATON said:
Andrew?
May I ask? Those originals you have don't fit you in a satisfactory way?
No they don't Platon. I'm a 46 long and I only have 48's and a 44. The 44 is too short and whilst the 48's are the right length they're way too roomy. I even owned 50 Dubow a few years ago and that was humungous but not terribly long. My theory has always been that in sizing up beyond 46 they only really increased the body width not the length.

This would make sense in a way as aircrew would have had a maximum height to be considered and people were generally shorter but desk guys would hVe had the same heights but possibly larger girths. It's ok as I only wear repros anyway as I'd hate to spoil an original and despite being in excellent condition they're not as fresh as a well made repro.

Andrew

flyboy said:
Andrew said:
flyboy said:
You do indeed need one Soren- hey wait, I have a sz 48 RMNZ Dubow if you're interested![......If you lived right around the corner, I would def come by and try it out though.
Soren I know that problem all too well.

Officer Dibley

I know this is an old thread but i was wondering what that amazing jacket now looks like with 4 years wear on it.
The fit was perfect and the grain can only have gotten better.

Officer Dibley

Oh my lord ! How can you resist the temptation ? A jacket needs wearing surely ?
If it were a 46 or 48 i'd be pm-ing you to see if it could be bought.
Beaut jacket

Smithy

Andrew pops in from time to time, but haven't seem him around for a good while. You could be waitin' a while...

Andrew is one of the nicest blokes you could possibly meet and him and I had a hoot of a time in Melbourne a few years back doing our best to demolish one particular pub on Russell Street's stock of beer and whisky. Sad for us but not for him, Andrew has found a new passion in life, surfing, which I can vouch for and had me in its clutches for a few years until the "incident". Like Matt says Andrew occasionally still stops by but he doesn't really post anymore.

ausreenactor

I've still got a GW/Diamond Dave Bronco 44, brand new in the unopened box since August 2015!

The box doesn't have much wear on it at all....

http://www.goodwearleather.com/pages/sale_diamond_0001.html

20180819_140117.jpg
20180819_140146.jpg

B-Man2

The NEW method of A2 jacket collecting.

THEN;
Once upon a time we collected original WWII A2 jackets, looking for that holly grail, an original unissed A2 in the original issued box.

NOW;
We are collecting unissued reproductions of original A2 jackets in the original issued box.

:confused: Huh!

ausreenactor

One year turned to two and then three. No sense opening it now!..

Have plenty of other A-2s, B-3s and B-10s to wear. Also have the original Bronco 44 from Ken at Aero Leather's collection that I bought five years ago... No box but as good as new.

If I open this GW/Diamond then it only loses value..... ;)

Last edited: