• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Flight Weight, Expressly for Good Wear Leather

DiamondDave

Gents,

My first new style in quite a while... The Flight Weight.

Almost as popular as the Flighter during WWII, and commanding decent sums today!

This particular style had a pigment finished leather with a huge 3/4 inch strap set and was sold under both THE FLIGHT WEIGHT, and later the DELUXE FLIGHT WEIGHT names. The latter seemed to always come with the Cavalry Strap on the back. Interior band was made of a stiffened canvas webbing and featured a melton wool binding behind the brim for attaching the sweatband.

This is the first in my line that I am calling "Combat Crew" as they have a slightly aged appearance and includes the aged wool (original) topper, as well as a lightly aged sweatshield in same. 100% Melton wool in black, used for the binding and completely correct weight canvas for the interior band. These will also feature an excellent repro of the Gemsco Eagle as seen in these pics below.

These caps will first appear on the Good Wear website, with a price point of $400.00 USD and then on my own.

FWFront.jpg

FW3_4.jpg

FWRear.jpg

FW3_4M.jpg

FWTop.jpg

TankBuster

Very nice Dave! Having a couple original Flight Weight caps myself, I can tell you that you did a fantastic job!!

DiamondDave

Thanks to all for the comments!

I just talked with John and he is tickled with the prototype... so it is time to get busy making these bad boys now!

DD

Andrew

Amazing attention to detail Dave, I can only imagine what it takes to produce something of this high quality. Great work with the label too. Good luck with them.

DiamondDave

ARRRRGH!!!

Just a quick update on these... unfortunately my supplier of Eagles is being a stubborn ass... I still do not have these eagles or the caps would already be in the possession of JC and be available...I really want to do the Gemsco Eagle on these as the look is just stunning, but alas suppliers SUCK. Oh, unless you want 10,000 of them, in which cas,e we can have those tomorrow!!

Updates when I have them.

DD