• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sunglasses Bausch and Lomb

Domi88

Bausch and Lomb sunglasses in their aluminum case for USAAF pilot

Attachments

• IMG_20240104_093734_269.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 88
  • IMG_20240104_093627_547.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 89

atlasfields

Scored a pair of 1970's vintage B&L Shooting glasses with the Kalichrome lens. Channeling my inner HS Thompson

Pa12

Might want to look at American optical ww2 vintage. Also very nice shades and a bit darker then the B&L

Dumpster D

If they're glass lenses, don't drop them. If they're not on your face, then they belong in the case. That is the only two places they should ever be!!

...You'll never be able to get lenses, unless you want to spend Half a grand. Ask me how I know.

Don't put them on top of your ball cap, you'll forget you had them on and take your hat off. The end.

Pa12

If they're glass lenses, don't drop them. If they're not on your face, then they belong in the case. That is the only two places they should ever be!!

...You'll never be able to get lenses, unless you want to spend Half a grand. Ask me how I know.

Don't put them on top of your ball cap, you'll forget you had them on and take your hat off. The end.
Should have seen the crusty old glass lenses on my dispatch rider goggles. Looked like they came out of a bombed church window. Red ones and yellow ones. I replaced them with Lexan so I could use them.

Dumpster D

Should have seen the crusty old glass lenses on my dispatch rider goggles. Looked like they came out of a bombed church window. Red ones and yellow ones. I replaced them with Lexan so I could use them.

If you have any info or sources for custom lens fitting, please let me know. I've had trouble getting several pairs of vintage glasses repaired, or upgraded to new lenses. It has been a lost cause for years despite my best efforts.

Pa12

If you have any info or sources for custom lens fitting, please let me know. I've had trouble getting several pairs of vintage glasses repaired, or upgraded to new lenses. It has been a lost cause for years despite my best efforts.
I’m surprised a place like lense crafters can’t do it. Are they the AN sunglasses?

Dumpster D

I’m surprised a place like lense crafters can’t do it. Are they the AN sunglasses?
Vietnam Era Glasses, flying, sun with large chrome lenses. No go.

Had vintage 70's era Ray bans with B&L etched lenses, no go on those even for a new set of poly lenses.

Tried replacement NOS vintage lenses, did not fit, too thick. it only specified 55mm, close but no cigar.

Custom fabrication place here recommended by Lens crafters, that I could ship to, did not respond to my inquiry.

Lens Crafters...

They were absolutely no help whatsoever, good effort, but ultimately a waste of time fail. That could be possibly due to being in North America however.

Pa12

Interesting. I’ve had plastic one’s done before. The lab has hundreds of blanks. They just pick the closest and start cutting and grinding. Maybe they’re just into the quick bucks. Do the new ray ban aviators not fit your frames. ? I haven’t had in from the 70’s but I know the 80’s version is the same as what they make now.

Pa12

These are my AN6351’s. The B&L in the tin can. The other 3 AO. Middle ones are photochromic nos. The beauty in the AO’s is they made them right up to the 1980’s.
IMG_5737.jpeg
IMG_5738.jpeg