• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Star G-1 7823E 1975 size 40

oose

Here is the last of the trilogy of G-1's I've picked up recently. I know the E-series gets a bad rap from some quarters but I did want an everyday wearer and this jacket suits the bill perfectly. Yes the zip is not the best and the lining and dylon collar are not the most desirable but the quality of the goat is on a par with the two earlier jackets the fit is more generous than the B-series size 40.

I've not been able to find out much about ENS Ed Sands, there is a Edward Sands who is now a pilot for Delta, he spent 1o years in the navy joining in 1976 and retiring as a CDR in 1986, it is possible that this was his first issue jacket, however more research is required, if anybody has some leads I would be very grateful. The ENS was deleted on the name plate as I suspect he received promotion to LT.
DSC_0550.jpg
DSC_0558.jpg
DSC_0561.jpg

Paper tag still in pocket, does anyone know how to decipher this label.
DSC_0557.jpg

All three together roughly ten years between contracts, 1954, 1963 and 1975.
all.jpg

Last edited: