• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Some of my WWII Navy flight helmets

bazelot

This one third of my Navy WWII flight helmets, most of them are named (5 named to Navy Cross recipients) and researched

a2jacketpatches

You picking those up at the San Francisco shows and yard sales? If so I'll be heading down that way pickin as well. Think it's only an hour and a half away from me.

a2jacketpatches

BAZ, This was originally a jacket question but really an attempt to ID the guy in a USMF thread. He's wearing a B3 for sure but is he wearing a Navy Flight Helmet? With the lighting, pose, and overall quality of the photo I'm thinking studio where he just donned whatever they had lying around. I've seen this many times and always used as a reason why something doesn't make sense in a studio photo.

bazelot

a2jacketpatches said:
BAZ, This was originally a jacket question but really an attempt to ID the guy in a USMF thread. He's wearing a B3 for sure but is he wearing a Navy Flight Helmet? With the lighting, pose, and overall quality of the photo I'm thinking studio where he just donned whatever they had lying around. I've seen this many times and always used as a reason why something doesn't make sense in a studio photo.

Do you have the link?