• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Soldier of Fortune aviators kit bag AN-6505-1

Earloffunk

Will do - it´s on its way to Germany from the US... Probably one more week to go. And probably see the customs office.:confused:

Smithy

That's like here! I always try and forget about something when I order it, makes the wait easier!

falcon_ib

At The Front has a $100 USD reproduction:

http://www.atthefrontshop.com/Aviator_s_Kit_Bag_p/usgkit.htm

kit_bag_side.jpg

Falcon_52

The ATF version looks pretty solid and is a good price. If I didn't already have the Eastman version, I would definitely give that one a try.

Noel

EmergencyIan

I will say that all of ATF’s kit made here in Kentucky is very high quality and one of their straps I had for a musette bag is nearly indistinguishable from originals that I own. I had to look and examine to figure out which is which. I’m not an ATF fanboy, but everything they make in Kentucky always is very good, in my experience. So is all of their U.S. made footwear that they’ve had for the past couple of years.

- Ian

Earloffunk

To my big surprise the patches were in my mail box today. No fees to be paid and no silly discussions with customs officers. That’s how I like it. Will post pictures later.

Earloffunk

So this is what it will Look like.

First I will glue it onto the kit bag with textile glue and will then sew it on.

Earloffunk

Mission partly accomplished. The patch has been glued on but I still have to sew it on. Furthermore I have added some leather strips as zipper pulls and an escape whistle (yeah, I know, won’t be very helpful in this place but it’s a bit more office compatible than having it hanging from an A2 (some people just don’t know how to keep their mouth shut if they don’t understand something like putting a whistle on a jacket...) Anyway, great bag. Hope it will last long.

Attachments

• 830AB0E1-FA89-42F8-8F8E-237821C6354F.jpeg
    830AB0E1-FA89-42F8-8F8E-237821C6354F.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 276
  • B6F1D3E6-D73C-4E72-BD1F-E2021CD0EAD1.jpeg
    B6F1D3E6-D73C-4E72-BD1F-E2021CD0EAD1.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 244

Smithy

I think the font is off with pretty much all the repros Carl. It's funny as it shouldn't be a hard thing to do correctly.

The one thing I will say about the SoF bag is the pattern seems to be an excellent copy of originals.

I'm about to stencil mine, this weekend if nothing else comes up.

Carl

Just me being picky Smitty , seems a shame after all the effort that has gone into the construction of a bag to replicate an original .

Smithy

No I understand where you're coming from entirely. It really wouldn't be a big thing to print the spec lettering in the correct font, probably just laziness on whoever designed it!

Carl

No I understand where you're coming from entirely. It really wouldn't be a big thing to print the spec lettering in the correct font, probably just laziness on whoever designed it!

more than likely !! attention is in the detail ;) . If anything its too thick , if they thinned it down a bit , it probably would look 100 x better ?

A2 B3au

View attachment 7770
Looking great! Where did you found those 2 small dices?
I went a bit dice crazy a while back so if your in the UK I’ll lick a stamp and send u a set for free. I got a load of eBay and drilled the holes my self, the red ones are bigger but smaller than regular dice and I have those too if you prefer. 1st dice on the left is regular sized

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 263

Cocker

That's a very keen offer, Art, but I'm on the other side of the Chanel, in Belgium. Maybe we can work something out?

Officer Dibley

I've ordered the smaller bag myself. I'll see how it compares to the original RAF ones i use for gym kit and to store my reenactment kits in. They are cracking. If it hits the spot i'll flog off a couple of the RAF ones.