• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sleeve alterations

jeremiah

so where would you go for getting sleeve alterations (shorten)done on your high end repro?
I know people like John Chapmen usually won’t have the time.

So looking for options or maybe hear from people who have accomplished this in the past. Thanks.

Dr H

I always get my sleeve alterations done by Dan at Hill4Leather (near Aldershot).

jeremiah

Ok, I will give them a look see. Thanks. The seller may do the alterations, but if not, then I will do some more research.

Dubpynchon

Byson Leather have done a great job on some of mine, leather and sheepskin. It can reduce the resale value of sheepskin, which is a pain when you decide that last year’s ‘the one’ may not be this year’s.

I’ve just noticed you’re in the US, any leather tailor would be able to do it, but I’m sure members here can name specific tailors stateside.

Silver Surfer

in the states? go to steve sellers, or dave sheeley, if their work load aint nuts the turn around is reasonably fast. they are both best in the biz, will confirm what ya want, and will be fair with their pricing. no adverts, no middle men, no bs. just to top of the line work. both are members here.

jeremiah

81CD6EA9-95CC-4D82-958D-7C7B8A512EE5.jpeg
This is what I am having altered. Not the pocket, just the sleeves.

B-Man2

J
That’s a keeper for sure. Can’t wait to see some fit pictures once it’s been tailored.
Congrats with your purchase.

jeremiah

yeah, now we we shall see if the dream was worth it.

From all I have read in reviews from people here and elsewhere the Victory hide is as good as its touted to be. Though I think my ELC monarch's leather is hard to beat.

Lebowski

You might not want to sell to this guy.
yeah, now we we shall see if the dream was worth it.

From all I have read in reviews from people here and elsewhere the Victory hide is as good as its touted to be. Though I think my ELC monarch's leather is hard to beat.

1. No doubts it was (and is!) worth it, but I'd strongly advice you to leave the original sleeve length "as is" - just to get some gorgeous creases on the sleeves and not to decrease jacket's value. It's a masterpiece!
2. I'm sure that ELC Monarch is absolutely superb, but ... Oh man - this BK made of Victory HH is in a different league! It's on the top of the heap!
3. Share with us your emotions about its odour please. It should smell like a beautiful flowers!)

Congrats once again Jeremiah, you've just purchased the piece of art! Well done!;)

Last edited:

jeremiah

Thanks,
I will check the length when I get it for sleeves. 25.5" is awfully long though. The pit to pit and back length will be doable but sleeves, we will see. I won't go so short that I don't get creases, just want to avoid the accordion look.

Lebowski

You might not want to sell to this guy.
Thanks,
I will check the length when I get it for sleeves. 25.5" is awfully long though. The pit to pit and back length will be doable but sleeves, we will see. I won't go so short that I don't get creases, just want to avoid the accordion look.
What size have you got? 38? Just remember please, that BK always measure their sleeves along the curve of arm, it means that 25.5" might turn into 24-24.5'' "straight measured" in reality.