• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rough Wear Restoration by none other than Andrew Swatland

MikeyB-17

Fan me with a haddock! What a story, and what a job! Outstanding!
As an aside, was it ever established which contract McQueen's A-2 was? I know ELC said it was a 27752, but I seem to recall others disagreeing?

Brettafett

Weeellll, Eastman's Re-issue Escape A-2... is a 16159.
I recall some saying 27752, some saying 16159... I read somewhere that a Japanese guy own the movie jacket and that its a 16159. I may be remembering very wrong ;)

Roughwear

Weeellll, Eastman's Re-issue Escape A-2... is a 16159.
I recall some saying 27752, some saying 16159... I read somewhere that a Japanese guy own the movie jacket and that its a 16159. I may be remembering very wrong ;)

Gary argues the Hilt's jacket was a RW 16159. No one has conclusively proved which contract the film jacket is, but it is agreed by all it was a re-issued jacket.

MikeyB-17

Yeah I remember ELC saying in their catalogue years ago that it was a 27752, but I also recall that the thinking had changed on the subject. There's been at least one long discussion about it here and elsewhere.

johnwayne

Can't let this pass me by without giving you Juanito and Andrew a high five, super job for sure!

Geeboo

Roughwear : Do you have all the right tools/ punch for the snap buttons & collar hook double- barrel rivet ?
Also, how do you get the label done ?

Geeboo

Do you know John personally? Can I just write to him I want 1 XX label & pay for it ?