• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

RMNZ B-3

John Lever

RG,
Andrew now owns that jacket. It was on the large size for a 44 if I remember correctly. It is an old jacket though and the pattern may have changed over the years.

I still can't understand how a business can run out of critical materials during its peak period for sheepskin jackets. At one point last December I asked about availability of several jackets, none were available.

Roughwear

It really is unfortunate for ELC that they have run out of sheepskin at present. I'm sure Gary is hoping it does not deter potential customers.

stanier

I still can't understand how a business can run out of critical materials during its peak period for sheepskin jackets.

I agree. Were it not for this problem I probably would have had an ELC Redskin before Christmas. As it is I'm now thinking more of an A-2 purchase for the spring now. With regards to a B-3 I'm probably leaning towards saving for an RMNZ now at this stage of the winter, though I do like the redskin. I wonder if the new sheepskin will be slightly different to the old, i.e a bit less matt and paper like to look at. I'd also like a B-3 that has the correct weight, and I wonder if I could get ELC to fit a Talon for me...

John Lever

They won't do that. I have tried to get Gary to do variations but he will not move.
Re the sheepskin problem, they must have lost very many orders from customers who just won't wait till the end of winter to buy a winter jacket. I even suggested to Allen they they buy their own tannery.

Radz108

John Lever said:
They won't do that. I have tried to get Gary to do variations but he will not move.
Re the sheepskin problem, they must have lost very many orders from customers who just won't wait till the end of winter to buy a winter jacket. I even suggested to Allen they they buy their own tannery.
Thanks John for the info
This is the first time I ordered from ELC. How reliable is Gary's quote of 8 weeks given they have no available sheepskin until the end of jan? Also, your previous thread regarding your ELC broken grain B3 being a trim 44. Do you know if the new broken grain RW B3 fits the same way?

Cheers RG

John Lever

8 weeks is much longer delivery than previously, and is approaching Aero's very long lead times.[too long]
I can't say say about fit as we are all different in size.

Radz108

John Lever said:
8 weeks is much longer delivery than previously, and is approaching Aero's very long lead times.[too long]
I can't say say about fit as we are all different in size.
I guess what I'm trying to say is do ELC B3 (both the RW and the regular one) In general have the same dimensions within a particular size. In other words does a RW B3 44reg have the same dimensions as a broken grain seal B3 also a 44reg or do ELC have variations in the dimensions of their B3s even though they may be listing as the same size?
I hope my question is clear :D

Thank you

RG

Radz108

So 8 weeks is long for ELC. ;)
I was initially planning to order an Aero redskin B3, but both Mark and Amanda quoted me at least 12 weeks lead time. That would mean I would have received the jacket in April. Calgary Canada stays cold even up to May, but still that's a little bit ridiculous to wait that long. I was a little disappointed regarding the wait time of ELC. Their website stated only a 3-4 week lead time. Oh well, I hope the wait is worth it:). By the way, do you know if RMNZ ships to Canada?

Cheers RG