• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Red 8 Panel cap with 25th FIS Patch sewn on

deand

Cap arrived yesterday. It had a short crescent shaped visor that would be okay for an early 1900s baseball cap, but not a Korean War squadron cap, so I replaced it with one of identical red wool. The cap otherwise is well made, good crown height, not too high or low, decent leather sweatband, professional sewing job all around. Buckram behind front two panels. Patch went on well. I'm pleased with the results. Now if only I could find an L-2A repro size XL to go with it!

The original I was seeking to replicate the best I could:

post-492-1234566127-3.jpg

And the repro. The patch colors are true red, white, blu and yellow. My phone camera captured strange hues in the pictures that I tried to color adjust.

mms_picture1-6.jpg

mms_picture-17.jpg

dean

ausreenactor

Texture of the cap appears to match your efforts with the patch perfectly?
Was this your intent or was it, as I say, 'accidental brilliance'?

Couchy

deand

ausreenactor said:
Texture of the cap appears to match your efforts with the patch perfectly?
Was this your intent or was it, as I say, 'accidental brilliance'?

Couchy

Purely accidental! I don't seem able to photograph the patch quite as it looks to the eye. The red of the wool cap must have an overpowering effect with my phone camera. I love the way the thread of a patch looks, the shine, the clean color. I'm looking to do this 16th FIS cap/patch combo next, if I can get the right blue/white 8 panel cap. The patch on it is actually felt on felt.

273879330_926428690_0.jpg

dean