• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Price increase at Eastman Leather

Persimmon

Never better said! Alan, is that your airplane?? Is that a Tiger Moth? What a sweet machine.

A lovely machine indeed. Sadly borrowed.
If it was mine I would think about selling it now.
What with these latest jacket price increases I might be able to buy with the proceeds as many as 2 or 3 Eastman jackets !!!

johnwayne

Alan, is that the TM based at Duxford? A mate and I intend getting up there maybe this summer and giving it a go and yes I'd for sure wear one of my jackets! So far I've been up in a DC3, Harvard (ANJ3) and DH Rapide, ironically sans flight jacket!! 3 Eastman's or slightly less will get you a 30 minute spin in a Mk 9 Spitfire as I'm sure you know and from what I gather is just awesome and something I really intend to do, sooner rather than later.

Carl

Hi Smithy

I'm not so sure that they have gone up that much, in real terms. Can't speak for ELC, as I don't know their early prices but when we first produced repro A-2s (1982) they sold for £90, the same as the UK average weekly wages. Our A-2s are still roughly the same price as the UK average weekly wage

Is that before or after stoppages Ken ? ;)

Ken at Aero Leather

Hells teeth !! I must be on a low wage then as a tradesman ! :mad:

Average is totally distorted by the ludicrous wages many Chief Executives are paying themselves these days.

Take 1000 workers on £20,000 a year, add in a Chief Exec on £23,000,000 and the "Average" wageof the 1001 jumps to over £23300 a year

Carl

Average is totally distorted by the ludicrous wages many Chief Executives are paying themselves these days.

Take 1000 workers on £20,000 a year, add in a Chief Exec on £23,000,000 and the "Average" wageof the 1001 jumps to over £23300 a year

Dont get me started on the "Fat Cat" thing Ken !! :mad:

Teddy

Going back to the original topic: I checked ELC's prices again today and find myself having a headache. I guess I'll never own an ELC, especially since I expect the jackets I ordered will fit me perfectly. I wonder how ELC's sales are after the price increase...

John Lever

Going back to the original topic: I checked ELC's prices again today and find myself having a headache. I guess I'll never own an ELC, especially since I expect the jackets I ordered will fit me perfectly. I wonder how ELC's sales are after the price increase...
What are you looking for ?

Smithy

Jeez Louise! Wonder how much they're going up and if it's a straight percentage across the board for all the leather and sheepskins?