Pics of 37J1 Jackets with noseart / patches

Discussion in 'Cloth' started by Thomas Koehle, Apr 19, 2017.

1. Thomas Koehle

Thomas Koehle Active Member

since I own one of the Bronson 37J1 jackets I consider to "alter" her a bit just to look different from any other repros "off the shelve"

anyone any pics of period jackets with markings / noseart / patches to share?

2. Dr H

Dr H Well-Known Member

Thomas Koehle likes this.
  3. oose

oose Member

Grant likes this.
  4. Grant

Grant Well-Known Member

5. oose

oose Member

Yes its been a while since I posted anything there or here! Thought I might make a reappearance! A new job and young kids have kept me busy in the meantime, I even just bought my first leather jacket for a few years! You never know I may start to post here regularly again.

dmar836 and Smithy like this.
  6. Smithy

Smithy Well-Known Member

Oose, or Stu isn't it if I remember from the dim dark days, your site was/is a stunner. Some of the best photos from the first and golden era of jet warfare especially.

Just wanted to say thank you as well as I don't know how many times I've gone through the photos on you site, especially the Korean War stuff.

Thanks!

Tim

dmar836 likes this.
  7. oose

oose Member

Thanks Tim! I like to think I did my part! I still have photos I've yet to upload, but I was getting besieged by people wanting to use images for all sorts of financially motivated projects, I always wanted it to be a free resource for research. I may update these sites some time...

All the best
    Stu

8. dmar836

dmar836 Well-Known Member

So were the specs for the 37J1 leather or fabric? I have seen many references and pics with cape but some appear to be of corded material.
    Dave

9. Skyhawk

Skyhawk Active Member

They had 2 versions, one cloth and one leather. I have a photo showing both together. Will post soon
    USMC-37J1d-1.jpg
    Leather - Cloth - Leather - Leather - Cloth - Leather - Leather - Leather - Leather *A-1 ?*

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
    Dr H, dujardin and dmar836 like this.