• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

patch ID

SuinBruin

Is this a patch worth being interested in? Anyone know what unit it's for, era, etc? Thanks.

patch.jpg

a2jacketpatches

What's the diameter? If smaller than 5" without tabs, probably just after WW2. I bought a 4 inch 5th FS once at a flea market and was pretty excited that it was WW2, but bumped into Ron from Flying Tiger Antiques in the next isle, he told me just after the war because of smaller size.

SuinBruin

I don't know the size -- it's stitched to a shirt and all I have is the photos.

Does it look Australian made? The 310th was apparently attached to the 5th Air Force in November of 1943. They were later stationed in the Philippines before being inactivated in January of 1946. They were reactivated for Korea. (All of this according to Wikipedia.)

SuinBruin

Thanks for your thoughts, much appreciated. I may take a flyer on the shirt and see what the patch looks like. I've asked the seller how big it is so we'll see if any more info is forthcoming.

TankBuster

EMBLEMHUNTER said:
Possibly 310th Fighter Bomber Squadron of the Korean war era .............................
Johnny

I think Johnny is right. Looks to be a Korean War era patch to me.

SuinBruin

4 3/4 inches across, according to the seller.

Thanks for the info guys, it's much appreciated.