• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Original Aero A-2 Contract 18775P

CBI

Latest purchase. Original Aero Size 46 Contract 18775P from May , 1942. Aero's last contract. 50,000 jackets made. Probably cow. Very sturdy, terrific replacement job on quality Talon repro zipper and excellent knits. This jacket does look familiar.....anyone here once own it? Wonderful roomy size 46. Will post fits pics soon: Oh, NOT for sale. With my luck, its an old Good Wear! Plenty of very old oxidation on the hardware though if its NOT an original. A very sometime wearer to alternate with my other original Aero sometime wearer. Like once a month for each one!

IMG_0357.jpg
IMG_0356.jpg
IMG_0354.jpg
IMG_0335.jpg
IMG_0334.jpg
IMG_0332.jpg
IMG_0348.jpg
IMG_0346.jpg
IMG_0341.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0351.jpg
    IMG_0351.jpg
    296.2 KB · Views: 259

B-Man2

CBI
Good looking Aero!!
Would you post some measurements of a wartime Aero size 46.
Thanks

dmar836

A redye? Great looking jacket! Wear to lining looks period due to thinning, not just tearing. JC would be sneaky to let that stitch runoff get by QC. A ringer for sure!
Dave

Roughwear

Lovely Aero John. It does look familiar but never one of mine! The jacket is actually from the 42-15142P contract from 28th March 1942 which was for 50,000 jackets. What is the fit like for you?

CBI

Geez, 15142 -of course, I can't read a darn label. will take a some fit pics. I love the fit, its roomy and the sleeves are long on me but if I were issued this jacket........

Grant

Finding a larger size original A-2 in such good condition is no small feat, well done!

CBI

Measurements on this one:

Pit to Pit (measured straight across): 25 inches
Shoulders (straight across): 19 1/2 inches
Front (zipper): 22 1/2 inches
Sleeve (shoulder seam to end of knits - includes knit length): 26 inches
Back (collar seam to end of knits - includes knit length): 26 inches

blackrat2

Yep seeing those tones also but looking at pocket flaps and inside pocket details all looks same colour and no missed bits

CBI

THIS JACKET IS NOW FOR SALE, GO TO THE BUY/SELL SECTION FOR DETAILS. ITS A BEAUTY BUT TOO LARGE FOR ME NOW. $850 SHIPPED US, $900 EUROPE

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts