• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

No B3 in my collection.

ausreenactor

That sounds like fighting talk.....
I have to agree though I suppose.

Never!!

It is all swings and roundabouts. I still can't believe how much gear I have moved on, then re-bought from overseas..

I never really went into Aussie WWII kit or equipment as it always appeared so bland compared to US kit... That was until my mid-90s 'Warwick Firearms' Owen replica arrived today. Jungle greens and WWII pattern beret inbound from What Price Glory..

CBI

tastes change for many as times goes on. In re jackets, I'm at the point where I like things I used to not care for (like smoother hides) and not really care for things I used to like (russet brown). Currently, I don't think I can really comment on anyone's jacket more than, "Hey, nice jacket" as my honest opinion is just going to change in time.

I can say that practicality, color and a more roomy fit are pretty much here to stay for me. If I am not wearing it, I won't keep it and more and more won't even entertain a purchase.

In re the B-3, i'ts an awesome jacket. If I were in a climate where it could get some use, I am sure I would wear it sometimes. That said, I do like a longer jacket that can keep my rear warm. Something the B-3/Irvin won't do.

I'm also questioning.........."Do I really want to wear 70 year old style clothing". Yes, it's "classic" and "timeless" but only to a point. Just IMO.

Still, cool looking stuff for sure!!!!!

Bombing IP

The weather here in NYC makes for a very short season for me of wearing an A-2 type ,let alone a sheepskin .

BIP

WBOONE

I love my aero B3. It's very comfortable whether sitting or driving--I'm as snug as a bug in the rug as they say. I guess the temperature where it is OK to wear one is a individual taste. Cold natured people will be able able to wear one more than the hot natured . Especially if you just want to wear a single t-shirt under it or whatever. And, in my opinion, a authentic type B3 jacket simply looks all kinds of cool when you are out and about around people wearing their cheap, thin lamb skinned mall leather jackets. It does get noticed as most people have never seen one.

Isisllc

My ELC House B3 comes out of the closet any time that the temperature that day is going to stay below freezing. I'm cold-blooded by nature, so maybe that's the reason it's not so much of a problem for me. I've worn it a couple of times in slightly warmer weather (upper 40's F) when I'm just jonesing to drive my drop-top with the top down! Love the feel of the B3.

Silver Surfer

well, now that i have my xk8 up and running, this fall into winter may be time to reacquaint myself with my b-3s. top down, heat on and go man, go......but thats months away

coalman

Hello John

Yes still looking for one at the right price LOL, can you put up some piccies of your jacket so I can drool with green envy LOL.

John Lever

It has worn in beautifuly. A member here or on TFL identified it as one he sold because it was too small. He wore it when he crashed in a microlight, that explains some of the scrapes.

FlyingYankee

I ended up selling my B-3 because I purchased a B-2 that I am quite fond of. Just too many Jackets. Although when I see Steve McQueen in one I want one all over again. Probably will go for a B-6 or D-1 rather than a B-3 or an ELC BoB