• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

N-3A Aviators Clothing Co.INC.

I was wondering if anyone could give me some info or refer me to someone who knows about this jacket. I have read there is some rarity to this jacket over others. The hood seems to have mouton fur on the inside. I also read that the Aviators clothing C0. INC. jackets are rare as well. If anyone could give me a price range, date and some history it would be much appreciated.
OrOKd

Bombing IP

Hi its original and dates between 1958 to 1962 after that they started adding dates in the DSA # .Blue for Airforce any decals on sleeve shoulder .
Price we do not price here ,look at completed sales in eBay would be your best source of current information re the value .
BYE
BIP

Bombing IP

I DO NOT GET MUCH INTO THESE TYPE OF JACKETS ,my knowledge is limited to casual interest .I am sure someone else may give you some input ,they will be along shortly .

BYE
BIP

Silver Surfer

they may indeed be uncommon now,, but in the later 60s-late 70s they, and the other versions were pretty common around the us n e coast. at some point ya couldnt walk or drive a mile without seeing one worn by laborers, fishermen, teamsters, hippies, hipsters, guys, gals, you get the idea. the reason for the abundance? it would seem that tons of these and other variants were made, and the armed forces simply procured limited numbers, and for the most part even those that saw service received minimal use, so they ended up in the then very popular arm-navy stores and used clothing stores. why the limited armed service use? dunno.

Atticus

The jacket in your photo appears to be a N-3B. If you can post a photo of the jacket's tag, one of us may be able to tell you the exact year it was made.

AF