• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Issued Jackets Over The Years

Monsoon

This is the fleece jacket, it is not much to look at, but it is warm and comfortable. It has a zipper under the sleeves. I never quite figured out what they are for since I've never used them.

Pit Zips. You can unzip them if you get too hot, but it's still cool enough to warrant wearing the fleece.

Pit Zips. You can unzip them if you get too hot, but it's still cool enough to warrant wearing the fleece.
I figured that was the reason for them , but it still never made sense to me. I've never used them and I have never seen anyone else use them.

Kennyz

Great post! Neat to see what active military pilots are wearing. Can I ask, what do you think of the Excelled G-1?

Best wishes to you in you retirement.

Ken

Great post! Neat to see what active military pilots are wearing. Can I ask, what do you think of the Excelled G-1?

Best wishes to you in you retirement.

Ken
I love my Excelled G-1. If I have one complaint, it's the faux mouton collar. It has come to look like the hide of a wild animal after years of wear. The jacket has held up well over the years and I wear it more than the average helo pilot. I wear it flying and a lot of guys don't.