• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My " flying cloth"

Carl

Ben Greenholtz contract B9 .
Ben Greenholtz had 10 contracts for the AAF from the June 43 through to June 45.
I cannot 100% pinpoint the Purchase order shown against the contracts awarded , but i think this is from the
30053 AC 974 contract i could well be wrong , but im sure those who have the FULL GEAR book will correct me as they have a list
FB_IMG_1524387143230.jpg
FB_IMG_1524387150477.jpg

Carl

Stagg B10 contract # 30053 AC 972 .no need to add the production / contact award and completion dates , as you will have read in member "Roughwear"s thread regarding B10/A9 contracts list , im still trying to fill in the remaing gaps that i couldnt find on the list from FULL GEAR .
FB_IMG_1524386726786.jpg

FB_IMG_1524386776966.jpg

Carl

Dann Clothing B11 contract # 30053 AC 976(?) . As this contract does not appear in my list of contracts , i can only assume the contract value was for less than $50k .
It would be interesting to know which other makers also produced a B11 with a "Blond" hood .
FB_IMG_1524387186473.jpg

FB_IMG_1524387193093.jpg

Pilot

Carl, wow! terrific!
Since I am also looking for a wearable B-11 ( large size, pit2pit approx. 25-26”) hence sweeping all the known sites, I saw a suposed to be WW2 - B-11 “ Moda coats” or something like that on fleebay...Same blond fur and trimming.
Guess there are others...but thats my 1 cent opinion.
Happy to see more.

Last edited:

Carl

It's easy to get caught up in the civi or at least post war versions of these. Research is in order IMO.
Dave

Very true Dave. After seeing many examples of issue and non issue B11's there are a few points that really stick out to determine right from wrong .
1. Often the label is marked "Army Airforces Type"
2.Issue B11's did not have a detachable hood .
3 . Issue B11's were "alpaca" lined .
4 . The label again on civilian garments just reads "TYPE B11"
5. Issue B11's have strap type wrist adjusters and not knitted cuffs ( that was on the Type B9)

Hope these few pointers help in some way ?
I can, if you have a photograph of the label , cross reference the order contract number .

Carl

dmar836

Great info! I find it best to study only originals if possible so that the civi stuff just doesn't look right but I think I have one or two civi types!
You are enticing me to organize my stuff!
Dave

Dann Clothing B11 contract # 30053 AC 976(?) . As this contract does not appear in my list of contracts , i can only assume the contract value was for less than $50k .
It would be interesting to know which other makers also produced a B11 with a "Blond" hood .
View attachment 4418

I have what I believe to be an NOS version of this by Albert Turner.