• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

More Great Looking Chinese Military Leather Jacket Repros

Technonut2112

Yeah, but some Pecard brown would go a long way in improving it.. ;) Looks better to me than many of the inexpensive eBay offerings out there. I know some folks were looking for something inexpensive to paint or patch, and at least this one resembles a period A-2 pattern... :)

EDIT: With a bit of elbow-grease, the jacket could look kind of like these originals:

s-l1600.jpg

c88c20444fde5a68243ad47faafc7902.jpg

Last edited:

Ken at Aero Leather

Levi Vintage had Aero go far too heavy on the sand paper on the first lot of samples we made for them, results looked not unsimilar to this.
We sorted the oversanding while they were in the factory to watch by spit and polish (Cheap Boot Polish) and a good spray over with Pledge to bring a bit of sheen up, no rocket science involved
Easy job, half an hours work

Technonut2112

Has anyone bought/received one of the Pirates Star Sportswears or "Risk Riders" ?

Personally, I gave up for the time being after my order was 'invalidated' through the buying service I was using. From what I gathered since, I think that the 'Pirates' A-2 was fine... It seems that many of the buying services cannot accept a CC or PayPal payment for an item that may be considered 'counterfeit', which they considered the 'Pirates' A-2 to be after it arrived to them. The order was then 'invalidated', and a refund issued with no explanation. Two other buying services offered to purchase and send the "Pirates' A-2 to me, but required that the payment be sent to them only via Western Union, which I flat-out refused to do..

Regardless, IMO, one can't beat Platon's HH Dubow repros for the $$... If within one's size, they totally blow any of the (obtainable) 'inexpensive' HH A-2's I've seen out of the water, and are less expensive than some of the 'better' Chinese A-2 jackets..

Smithy

The biggest problem with these Chinese jackets seems to be just trying to order them. There's probably a worthwhile job for someone who's based out there and is fluent in the lingo to set up themselves up as a western hemisphere distributor.

Members online

Latest posts