• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Langlitz Goat?

les_garten

Any of you guys have any LL goatskin jackets.

I have a heavy Padded Pocket Columbia and am thinking of getting a Cascade.

Was wondering what the Goat is like.

watchmanjimg

I had a secondhand goatskin Columbia awhile back. The hide was a good weight and the texture was nice. I'd consider owning another one.

les_garten

watchmanjimg said:
I had a secondhand goatskin Columbia awhile back. The hide was a good weight and the texture was nice. I'd consider owning another one.

How supple was the Goat?

I'd like a very comfortable jacket. Sometimes I'm not in the mood for Heavy Horse if you know what I mean!

eighty7h

I have a goatskin Cascade that I purchased new about six months ago. I agree with comments already posted. It was very comfortable and supple right from the outset. It is a very nice riding jacket. Heavier and more texture than what you would usually see in A 2 weight goatskin. I would certainly recommend it.

les_garten

eighty7h said:
I have a goatskin Cascade that I purchased new about six months ago. I agree with comments already posted. It was very comfortable and supple right from the outset. It is a very nice riding jacket. Heavier and more texture than what you would usually see in A 2 weight goatskin. I would certainly recommend it.

That's kinda what I was hoping, thanx!

les_garten

I'm going to call them this am.

How does their Goat compare to Aero, G&B, Lost Worlds?

Sounds like it is heavier?

watchmanjimg

The jacket I owned was a few years old so I'm not sure what hides they're using nowadays, but I'd say it's very similar to LW's heavy goat. I was really impressed with it overall.

edmond

man my new langlitz cascade just arrived today after alteration and ill tell you the goat is something else man swear to god add the extra 100 and go with goat from langlitz

IMG_1581.jpg

IMG_1582.jpg

IMG_1573.jpg

IMG_1575.jpg

les_garten

edmond said:
man my new langlitz cascade just arrived today after alteration and ill tell you the goat is something else man swear to god add the extra 100 and go with goat from langlitz

IMG_1581.jpg

IMG_1582.jpg

IMG_1573.jpg

IMG_1575.jpg

Killer Jacket! What brand are the zippers?

les_garten

edmond said:
yeah typical with new langlitz! theyre reproduction talon i believe!

I was wondering because my Padded Pocket Columbia has LangLitz branded zips and they are absolutely superb.

les_garten

edmond said:

@Edmond

How is your Jacket doing?

Do you have much wear time on the Goat?

How about the zippers now that you've had it a while?

Anything you would have done different?

HDRnR

edmond said:

IMG_1581.jpg

IMG_1582.jpg

IMG_1573.jpg

IMG_1575.jpg

Thats amazing, I never would have guessed that was goat by just looking at it.

Tommer45

les_garten said:
I was wondering because my Padded Pocket Columbia has LangLitz branded zips and they are absolutely superb.

Those Langlitz zips are cool... I'd probably opt for those over the Talons on mine. My main zip is a Scovill... works like a charm. All this jacket talk is making me think I might need a new one.

les_garten

Tommer45 said:
les_garten said:

Those Langlitz zips are cool... I'd probably opt for those over the Talons on mine. My main zip is a Scovill... works like a charm. All this jacket talk is making me think I might need a new one.

Hey Tommer, long time no see!