• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Irvin ww2 ?

eric

DSCN5919.JPG
Bonour,
This is the only Pilot Jacket I have.
I think it is WW2, but is it possible to know which year? and who is his maker Irvin or others?
cordially
eric

DSCN5911.JPG

DSCN5910.JPG

DSCN5913.JPG

DSCN5914.JPG

DSCN5912.JPG

DSCN5915.JPG

DSCN5916.JPG

DSCN5917.JPG

DSCN5919.JPG

DSCN5920.JPG

Roughwear

Your Irvin dates to 1940 and was made by Links, a prolific London maker. It has the "house" features of this maker:- the rounded collar ends, plain metal eyelets on the belt and on the underarm vents, medium sized collar rings and belt loops. It was made under either the B/81864/40 or H174370/40 contracts awarded to this maker.

Grant

Eric,
Beautiful early Irvin that looks to be in excellent condition!
It's been colder than a well diggers ass here in New York so I've been keeping warm in my Irvin.

eric

Hi Well, thank you for your answer and for the confirmation that this one is from 1940. It is in good condition, there is just a zip on one of the sleeves that is broken but functional.
eric

B-Man2

Eric
Beautiful Irvin! Wonderful condition!
Do you have any information regarding the jackets history? (Provenance)? What size is it? Well done for your first original jacket.

eric

Hi B-man
unfortunately no information on this flight jacket. I had this one on the net, for less than the price of some reproduction seize 40

Grant

You did real well Eric. No reproduction will ever look as bitchin as your jacket!