• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Irvin B. Foster G-1 7823B

oose

The I B Foster 7823B has arrived and its hardly used, name plate and two patches have been removed but this does not detract from this almost perfect condition G-1, it only needed one darn to one of the sleeve knits. It fits perfect and I hope to put it to much use this spring. The jacket has wonderful goatskin with a very pleasing grain. Note the zipper is sewn short at the bottom, this is common for this contract. (...and not popular with some but I quite like the quirks in different contracts!) Mouton is thick and honey coloured.

g1b a.jpg
G1b b.jpg
G1b c.jpg

Brent

Nice looking 7823B. I never could find one when I started collecting a few years back. I believe they are the rarest of the G-1s. How is the fit? My "A" and "C" are slim cut compared to the Cagleco 7823.

Regards,

oose

Fit is similar to the one JC is sporting here. It has square shoulders which suits my frame and is quite slim, I think I would get a size 42 if I wanted a thick sweatshirt under. I still think a good 7823A is harder to find.
front_view2.jpg

johnwayne

Always liked the G1, I've got 2 Cagleco 7823's - contract no's 39321A and 48082A both 44" the former slightly better of the two but very comfortable fitting jackets. I gather both are from around 1956-7. Have been toying with ideas of selling the 48082 as I simply don't wear both but hard to part with I must admit. Yea, maybe wait 'till TG2 is a good idea!

MikeyB-17

Blimey that’s hardly been worn! Judging by all the creases (which will drop out), and the condition of the collar, it looks like it’s been in storage a long time.