• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How tapered the sleeves is enough?

regius

Correct me if I'm wrong, but across all the top repros, Eastman has the most tapered forearms for their A2s. I am not a big boned man, and I've seen guys who are shorter yet still have massive hands, so how do you guys manage to get your arm through the cuff and off? GW is most comfortable in this sense that they are also tapered but overall the sleeves are wider. My size 44 Eastman is so tight around the forearm and I'm not even wearing any layers, again, for the record, i have small hands for a six foot one person.

Bombing IP

Never had a problem with my Eastman's and I wear a big watch .May be the jacket has been altered if you bought it second hand .Measure the width at three places and email Gary at Eastman see what he has to say .

BIP

Roughwear

I would agree. ELC A-2s do have slender lower sleeves and fortunately for me I do not have large hands.:)

regius

mine was not a used jacket, got it from History Preservation, it is a RW 1401. I certainly understand that different contracts have different tapering. I once had a Star and a Cable (both by Buzz), no tightness problem, but again, it's not comparing apple to apple. I also just happen to have a GW RW1401 in goat, same tag size, overall it should be the same size, here are the two noticeable differences in fit: Eastman has tighter forearms, narrower upper chest, smaller neck hole, otherwise, the same.

Bombing IP

I still say measure and contact Eastman ,your having trouble getting it on and off ,does not sound right ?.

BIP

regius

I still say measure and contact Eastman ,your having trouble getting it on and off ,does not sound right ?.

BIP

I never said I have trouble getting in on and off, I just said they are pretty tight. I don't think there's anything wrong, I do workout so it could be my sensation. It's more to do with the relativity, Eastman vs GW. etc.

Even if I have trouble, it still doesn't mean my jacket is defective, could just be my arm.

And like I said, and Andrew would concur, Eastman has pretty tight forearms.

By the way, what's the measurement of yours?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

regius

0a134e20520fe15fc8ba19fbc445b1af.jpg

Bombing IP

QUOTE [My size 44 Eastman is so tight around the forearm and I'm not even wearing any layers, again, for the record, i have small hands for a six foot one person.]QUOTE

My mistake I read into something that was not there . I only have one A2 jacket and it not an Eastman its posted on the patches original and reproduction ,with a little story about my A2 journey of the jackets .

BIP

regius

Gary Eastman confirmed via email that the 1401 has narrower forearm than a few years ago older pattern.

tibor

I like narrower forearms, but a comment earlier in the thread about GW, it depends on the contract. Some of John's jackets have wider arms and some narrower... kinda hard to generalize. Also, since they're all custom, buyers can get their preference even if a little unusual for a given contract, so if you pick one up second hand, best to ask for a measurement.

Silver Surfer

originals were all over the place, even within the same contract. dubows were narrower in the first two contracts, then wider in the next two. all aeros from the 16160 on were pretty wide, as were cables, except for the 1800 contract [mostly goat, some hh]. monarchs were pretty slim, as were early werbers, and rws. as written, even within these contracts, there were variations.